Aleshin Injured at Fontana

http://m.crash.net/indycar/news/208148/1/aleshin-hospitalised-after-practice-accident.html

{snipped click link above for complete report} " Aleshin was extracted from the wreckage and was described as awake and alert by the medical teams as he was stretchered away to the waiting ambulance. He was immediately airlifted by helicopter to the nearby Loma Linda University Medical Center where he was admitted and listed as being in a serious but stable condition.

IndyCar's medical consultant Dr Terry Trammell later said that the 27-year-old Russian had suffered a broken right clavicle, fractured ribs and chest injuries in the crash as well as a concussion".

After watching the accident of Wheldon... I cringe every time when they go to ovals. The mile and halfers are dangerous, but this what these men and ladies do for a living. I mean if they are afraid, then they have the wrong profession.

I wish Aleshin the best, I've been impressed with him and Munoz this year. He might have money, but Aleshin has shown to solid potential to get better. We have the IndyCar version of Vitaly Petrov... Passive aggressive and can also be a bit erratic, but is great to watch when everything is together.

After watching the accident of Wheldon... I cringe every time when they go to ovals.

I cringe anytime I see them get airborne. Racing is dangerous anywhere; in general I don't see the ovals as being any more dangerous. Dario's career ending flight into the catchfence happened on a street course, and his car could very easily have ended up in the crowd.

I hope Aleshin makes a quick and full recovery. I've been quite impressed with him at times this year.

Yep. Gonna miss "The Mad Russian" as Paul Tracy calls him. He was doing pretty well considering he was a rookie. I sure hope he gets better soon. Those catch fences really give the car a spin, don't they? Wow!! What a wreck!!

As one of the drivers noted tonight (Dixon, I think) thankfully it was the bottom side of the car that was ripped up by the catch fence. Thank God it was not the top or his exposed head making the contact.

Back
Top Bottom