Alex Bowman

Yep, he can hold his head up high. He did an outstanding job and I'm glad to see he is happy for the melonman. Maybe he is coming out of his shell a little...I think that is the first time he has had to be bleeped. :D

I don't care for it, but I'm nitpicking due to Valvoline being a major sponsor for Hendrick. However, Ally sponsors every race for Bowman. It will look better on track, for sure.

That's cool, but would be cooler with Valvoline. And seeing as how Valvoline is a primary sponsor of HMS, I think it would have made more sense to do a JJ throwback on the 48 and save the Martin throwback for Larson's Valvoline car.
But whose idea was it? It sounds like it may have been Bowmans, because Mark was is racing hero. I know Alex is respected pretty well at HMS and he has already had a couple different things he has put together with his sponsors in the past.

First of all, Martin ran that scheme '92 thru '95.

Second, don't be silly. All I'm saying is that the best throwbacks either have the proper number or the proper sponsor. This has neither.
that is YOUR idea of proper. Artistic license and the economy of such has been in play for throwbacks since they started. The whine is optional.

I'd be fine if throwback weekend was put away for a while. Don't get me wrong I look forward to seeing the cars and the merch that comes with it, but we're already seeing repeated paint schemes and teams running thin on ideas.

I'd be fine if throwback weekend was put away for a while. Don't get me wrong I look forward to seeing the cars and the merch that comes with it, but we're already seeing repeated paint schemes and teams running thin on ideas.
This. It's forced, and painful now.

Some of you boys👦 or girls👩 "I don't know who is which" because this is the internet, and you can be whoever you want to be here, amazes me at some of the parades you try to rain on. 🥱

There are plenty of younger/newer fans who enjoy the throwbacks.
I agree. There were a few talking about it last night at my local slot car track. They thought it was pretty cool to see a driver of the their age group doing such a cool thing. It's kind of irrelevant what most of us think about it anyway. What's important is how Mark Martin feels about it...and he loved it so good Job Alex keep up the good work.

Just like announcers, little things like the paint/wrap look and placement of the numbers mean very little to me. I don't get why people let things like that bother them.

The number placement doesn’t work with these throwback schemes.

Like the idea of Bowman’s throwback.
Maybe next year, we should just throwback to the old number placement, and skip the contrived paint scheme BS?

Maybe next year, we should just throwback to the old number placement, and skip the contrived paint scheme BS?

CARS Tour does the throwback stuff better. No mandate on number placement, drivers can change numbers, etc.

Of course, those drivers aren't sponsored by mega-corporations. The biggest sponsors in that series are Solid Rock and Puryear Tank Lines. Occasionally JBL when a TRD car runs.

Some of you boys👦 or girls👩 "I don't know who is which" because this is the internet, and you can be whoever you want to be here, amazes me at some of the parades you try to rain on. 🥱
Not really just opinions. I respect the opinions of those who appreciate all of this. I just feel it's a stretch. I mean when a guy throws back to his own micro midget.....or we go all the way back to Clints Poison Ivy car? Really?

Should I expect a t-shirt?
Being the animal lover that I am I hope so...and I imagine his animal charity does too. Thanks for asking, and if I see any I will contact you immediately so you can get your order in before they are sold out.

Bowman has done well for the animals thanks to the JGR asylum, not to mention made fools out of their fake "I'm privileged" attitudes at the same time lol.

Back
Top Bottom