All-American series

P

Peerlessmike

I thought that Tony George's wonderful invention was supposed to be an all american series. No foreign drivers no foreign races. Yea Right! Just as I said Tony is full of SH*T! All American my *ss.

Money does alot of talking! Honda had a big part of the IRL running at Twin Ring. Twin Ring is owned by Honda.

i was thinking about that, too...but i figure he's got a good series and cart is hurting bad, he almost HAS to expand the irl. maybe in a few years, cart will disappear, irl will take on some road courses and more foreign ovals, and the indy lights will be what the irl once was.

in a way, it really makes sense...i like the idea of having the world's best drivers at the indy 500, not just a bunch of top American sprint car drivers. the best way to have the best drivers compete in the one huge race without screwing up the championship points for the irl regulars is to have them run the whole series.

not thread related, but sense i'm a newbie, i thought i should introduce myself...i've never really followed open wheel racing that closely, but i haven't been totally ignoring it either. i'm a lifelong stockcar fan, almost 30 years, but i got sick of nascar's bs. i went to the irl test session at fontana this year and was impressed as much with the on-track action as i was with the free admission and open pit and garage areas. i know that there were a few really close finishes the past couple years as well. so, when it came time for me to finally decide to stop spending so much time watching nascar, i decided the irl would be the series i'd start following instead. right now, i don't know the drivers nearly as much as i know nascar drivers, but i do know that helio is one very funny guy, sarah fisher is cuter in person that i thought she'd be based on one early sprint car picture i had seen of her, and there are a lot of white guys that aren't American. i grew up going to saugus speedway, near los angeles, just about every weekend, but got out to ascot once or twice a year, and i didn't miss very many turkey nights...i went to turkey night at irwindale last year, and while it wasn't exactly the same, the sounds and (especially) the smells brought back some good memories.

now, if only tony stewart and ryan newman would follow me over to irl, i'd be really happy.

welcome forZ, sit down and stay awhile, graba cup and the keg is over there. :cheers:

the IRL is a great series and people should at leat flip over on sundays from the nascar race during those long green streches they claim are so boring. I think Japaneese engines are great for the IRL. It shows how easy chevy got by. They gotta step it up now, but thats ok. Can't wait for the Indy 500 :)

Back
Top Bottom