All Star Circuit of Champions 2021

Sunshine is going full time All Stars next year. He improved a lot with the wing this year. With Reutzel gone and possibly more PA guys staying home, I can see him running top five in ASCoC with some regularity. I'm guessing he'll be fast but inconsistent for a while.

Opening race of the season tonight, though not a points race oddly. The points races don't start until April.

Strong field tonight since no WoO racing yet with Schatz, Haudencshild, Reutzel, etc. in the field.

That’s not much of a catch fence when it’s upright.

Wow, terrible break for Sheldon there. Looked like he was ready to set sail and essentially encounters a blocked track.

That was good once they got the cautions out of the way. No surprise that it was going to be Haudenschild or Schatz winning. Tyler Courtney is going to be a force this year on this tour, good debut for him as a full-time presence.

For those that missed it, here was the finish for the transfer spot:

Things like that are why I'm a Danny Dietrich fan, let's not talk about how bad his night was going that he had to pull that move to even get into the A...

Schatz and newcomer Courtney had a good battle for the lead. Hard but clean racing from those two

Highlights: 2021 ASCoC @ Screven Night 1​

Haudencshild was gone if the wreck didn't happen right in front of him. I'd look for him to be near the front again tonight. It's his kind of track.

It’s a combo sprint car race / COVID-19 spreader event.

There are a lot of people in the grandstands.

There are too many of them for anything remotely resembling social distancing and the majority is unmasked.

A long stretch of downtime in the program for 95% of viewers with local late models taking time trials and 4-cylinder...what, hornets? racing between the heats and dashes. This local announcer is hilarious though.

Surprised Schatz is here with the Outlaws having a practice night over in Volusia

Surprised Schatz is here with the Outlaws having a practice night over in Volusia

were-talkin-about-practice.jpg

I am a little too, but Donny has already run ten or more races this year between late models and sprints. The last thing he needs is to practice. It is interesting to see WoO drivers appearing at more non-WoO races though.

I will be at Volusia tomorrow. It is always interesting to see which WOO teams will run the All Star races...and how they run.

They generally have to get permission to run any sprint car races not sanctioned by WoO during the season.

Tough break for Eliason 2 wrecks not of his doing.

I keep forgetting that these aren't points races, which is weird and makes these all effectively one-off events.

That was good. Ian Madsen almost had something for Schatz. Good battle for third. I think Courtney could actually be a title contender in this series.

It paid off for Schatz to skip the practice night.

Entertaining race, it looks like Schatz has his mojo back. The Madsen's put on a fun display especially Kerry coming from 17th to 3rd

That was good. Ian Madsen almost had something for Schatz. Good battle for third. I think Courtney could actually be a title contender in this series.
As good a shot as anyone

Hadenschield went to practice and left 6 thousand dollars laying on the table would be my guess
Stewart is an excellent promoter. He likes to put on a good show and having multi-time WOO champeen Donny Schatz in the field is part of that.

Also, Schatz works for Stewart. 😇

...and just like that we get a freeze warning for Volusia tonight. But, I am still looking forward to being in the pits tonight.
Have you tried those hand/foot warmers they sell at WalMart yet. Those bad boys work great

Back
Top Bottom