All-Star Pit Crew Challenge Cancelled

Damn those Federal Cutbacks!
First it was ending White House Tours, then it was curtailing Military Fly-overs, and now... THIS!
When will it end???

Probably the cost of renting the basketball arena for the event. Wonder if they could find a way to do it at the track.

The fact that the whole thing is won and lost based on something that's not actually a part of pit stops anyways just sucked IMO.

Plenty of room at the track, they're using the excuse as a sponsorship problem out of greed. Once a year on a Thursday crew members get one night to shine. People that work on top tier teams are legitimate "all stars" and outperformed a big number of canidates to get where they are. They deserve the exposure.

Plenty of room at the track, they're using the excuse as a sponsorship problem out of greed. Once a year on a Thursday crew members get one night to shine. People that work on top tier teams are legitimate "all stars" and outperformed a big number of canidates to get where they are. They deserve the exposure.

Well the teams will have plenty of time for the exposure and show the nation who is best during the All-star race qualifying.

Well the teams will have plenty of time for the exposure and show the nation who is best during the All-star race qualifying.

Yeah but they made the crew challenge very personal. The crew guys really took alot of pride in it.

Agreed with above sentiments ...... there are ways to hold this event at the track. Make it part of qualifying for both the Open and Select or whatever the **** they call those races these days. Or do it some time during the regular season on a Friday afternoon in place of a practice session (if they were truly the greatest drivers in the world, they wouldn't need five hours of practice anyways).

I wonder who would be so stupid to think the goverment should be paying for this to event to take place? They have that much cash to toss around?

Yeah but they made the crew challenge very personal. The crew guys really took alot of pride in it.
Exactly, that's what made it better than the way they did it before or that some are proposing again. The old way of doing it was nothing more than just another pit stop, the same that we see every week with the exception that they did it one at a time. The way it has been run recently is much more personal, measuring man against man, position against position, and team against team. The driver was taken completely out of the equation given these guys time in the spotlight. I'm not sure how that can be considered a bad thing?

Damn those Federal Cutbacks!
First it was ending White House Tours, then it was curtailing Military Fly-overs, and now... THIS!
When will it end???

I wonder who would be so stupid to think the goverment should be paying for this to event to take place? They have that much cash to toss around?

I guess I should have added this:
:sarcasm:

But I agree with KevinWI and DUN24. Why spend the money to rent a facility to stage the event? They could very easily do it on Pit Lane at the track. And Mike Honcho suggests that Brian (NASCAR) cover the costs. I agree with that opinion as well!

I guess I should have added this:
:sarcasm:

But I agree with KevinWI and DUN24. Why spend the money to rent a facility to stage the event? They could very easily do it on Pit Lane at the track. And Mike Honcho suggests that Brian (NASCAR) cover the costs. I agree with that opinion as well!
It would be a sign to the fans that he really does want them to see the best show possible.Instead of worrying about his wallet.

It really sucks that they are cancelling the Pit Crew Challenge. I also liked watching the engine building competition.

Back
Top Bottom