All Star Pre Race Thread

When was the last time they argued and fought during an All Star race?
2019-Clint threw some punches at a still in car Ryan Newman after the race. Last I recall but I know there were some issues at some previous races.

I just realized this thing was on Sunday....what a gyp. WTH is happening to the Sat night races? I like to drink some beer while they tear **** up and argue/catfight.
Apparently, Fox has said ratings are much better on Sundays than Saturday nights. Make sense given that a good number of race fans are probably at their local track on Saturday nights.

Too many fans complained about night races because "it prevents them from enjoying their afternoon after the race". I'd personally rather get everything done during the day and then relax to a race once it is dark
Gosh I think it was the early to mid 2010’s that it seemed every race was at night. Now we barely have any. I like the idea of Saturday night Cup Racing and then having Sunday free. Not every week but let’s sprinkle a few more in.

Gosh I think it was the early to mid 2010’s that it seemed every race was at night. Now we barely have any. I like the idea of Saturday night Cup Racing and then having Sunday free. Not every week but let’s sprinkle a few more in.
I LOVED the Wednesday night race at Martinsville(?) last season. Unfortunately, if the viewership numbers aren't there night races, especially midweek races wont happen. At least they gave it a shot, albeit under difficult circumstances.

Just looked at the the nascar website trying to understand the format. Who came up with this? We invert the whole field after some segments and some segments we invert based on a random draw. With this they're going to have to have one heck of a thrilling race to overcome this format and the confusion regarding it.

Too many fans complained about night races because "it prevents them from enjoying their afternoon after the race". I'd personally rather get everything done during the day and then relax to a race once it is dark
Who the fook said this?

Must've been another one of those poorly worded questions to skew responses. I did the fan council for about half a season before I realized what was going on and quickly said no thanks.

NASCAR has forgotten K.I.S.S. a long time ago. Now it's "let's make everything as complicated as possible!" Or LMEACAP

Attachments

• BD2D365F-CCE9-4CF4-A604-E908BE52E58F.jpeg
    BD2D365F-CCE9-4CF4-A604-E908BE52E58F.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 107
NASCAR has forgotten K.I.S.S. a long time ago. Now it's "let's make everything as complicated as possible!" Or LMEACAP
Today heard Larry Mac start to explain how this race would be structured, then had to go into a store. Ten minutes later back in the car and he’s still trying to finish explaining it.

Six stages? For a 100 lap race? Gotta do something to keep them bunched up at this track.

Today heard Larry Mac start to explain how this race would be structured, then had to go into a store. Ten minutes later back in the car and he’s still trying to finish explaining it.

Six stages? For a 100 lap race? Gotta do something to keep them bunched up at this track.

It's six stages, with 510hp, at Texas. I hope those watching get a good nap in.

It is a non points race, let'em get r done Sunday, IDGAS as long as they line up and race hard. It is what it is, watch and enjoy.
Hell yes. Let's go!

Reactions: sdj
TEXADEGA 150. I can't wait for a 20 car pileup as the cars approach a top speed of 130 while 9-wide

....I'm assuming that was NASCAR's vision when creating this....thing....that will be run on Sunday

TEXADEGA 150. I can't wait for a 20 car pileup as the cars approach a top speed of 130 while 9-wide

....I'm assuming that was NASCAR's vision when creating this....thing....that will be run on Sunday
If they use the Corvette pace car it will mean the pace car is faster than the race cars 😂

A little Sunday Night NASCAR. As the hours tick by I’m more looking forward to a race tonight

I'm definitely looking forward to it. The guys on TV have been saying to expect some wild crazy racing because the drivers won't be holding anything back.

I'm definitely looking forward to it. The guys on TV have been saying to expect some wild crazy racing because the drivers won't be holding anything back.
Million bucks to the winner. ;) They will be pulling out every trick in the book and Texas is a treacherous track.

Reactions: Pat
This is a lights out celebration supposedly

Last edited:
I know at least Reddick isn't looking forward to this package. Listen to loose ends this am and he said you need power to pass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks like the 42 is going to the back for unapproved aero ducts. At least someone is trying something

Looks like the 42 is going to the back for unapproved aero ducts. At least someone is trying something

It baffles me that NASCAR didn't use this opportunity to let teams cheat. No points on the line and there is nothing to test for next year with this car. Instead they opted for a heavily regulated plate race at a track already being notorious for a parade without such regulations.

I believe Ross Watermelon’s Truck Series finish was a DQ because pesky rules.

Back
Top Bottom