All Star Race 2022 Texas. The Promise Land of Motor Freakin' Speed. No Limits, Texas

I doubt any precious "new fans" stayed up to watch the finish because they were glued to their seats with all the action, but if they did I'm sure they went to bed scratching their heads over that fiasco of a finish.
That was a major black eye on our sport!
That was some Brian France level BS!
I've been happy with the direction, if not the trajectory, NASCAR has taken in recent years, but that $h!t$how definitely set us back.
If race control was actually where the buck stopped on that decision, there needs to be immediate personnel changes.

I doubt any precious "new fans" stayed up to watch the finish because they were glued to their seats with all the action, but if they did I'm sure they went to bed scratching their heads over that fiasco of a finish.
I've been happy with the direction, if not the trajectory, NASCAR has taken in recent years, but that $h!t$how definitely set us back.
If race control was actually where the buck stopped on that decision, there needs to be immediate personnel changes.
1.hyperbolic x 10.
2. Race control is where the buck stops. I'm pretty sure you know why that caution came out

1.hyperbolic x 10.
2. Race control is where the buck stops. I'm pretty sure you know why that caution came out
1. You've been consistently ratioed on this thread. There's a reason for that.
2. 30 years is a long time. Things change.

I am going to be optimistic here, NASCAR has admitted the caution should not have come out, so hopefully we will see change as a result. That said, I do remember a while back when NASCAR was criticized for not throwing a caution near the end of a race and placing a driver in harms way. Everyone makes mistakes, its just a matter of how stupid the mistake is.

I am going to be optimistic here, NASCAR has admitted the caution should not have come out, so hopefully we will see change as a result. That said, I do remember a while back when NASCAR was criticized for not throwing a caution near the end of a race and placing a driver in harms way. Everyone makes mistakes, its just a matter of how stupid the mistake is.
This was compounded by a different rule system.
Any other race they throw the yellow on the last lap the race is over, Blaney wins, and they all go home. But not the All Star race. Their rules says the race has to end under green. A whole lot of Nascar people needed to know that, but who knows how many did know that about that rule written in amongst all of the format changes? My point also, easy to make a mistake, did it change anything? Doubtful, Blaney had a rocket ship, had a huge lead before the first caution and over 5 car lengths the second caution

Not everything in the world is black and white and different things happen out of the norm that the best decision has to be made to make it fair for everyone involved. Denny still had the chance to beat him, but he couldn't, and the best car won. Letting them race for the money was the only choice that they could have made that was fair for the competitors and the fans. If they would have changed the outcome of that race on a technicality, more fans would have been outraged then you could imagine. They made a decision that gave no advantage to anyone performance wise, and they let the race unfold as it would have if the net hadn't been taken down. The only thing different they should have done was bring him down pit road and let his crew refasten the net and put him back where he was in line, and I'm sure in hindsight they probably wish they would have done that.

1. You've been consistently ratioed on this thread. There's a reason for that.
2. 30 years is a long time. Things change.
1. Its easy to be "ratioed" when the other parties dont know what they are talking about. Perhaps you can explain what I'm wrong about. Not your feelings, the rule I'm wrong about.

2. I'm sure the sport has a black eye and it set us back years booooo hoooo hoooo. No it didnt, quit being a drama queen.

3. 30 years is a long time for what?

1. Its easy to be "ratioed" when the other parties dont know what they are talking about. Perhaps you can explain what I'm wrong about. Not your feelings, the rule I'm wrong about.

2. I'm sure the sport has a black eye and it set us back years booooo hoooo hoooo. No it didnt, quit being a drama queen.

3. 30 years is a long time for what?
1. You have no idea what it's like to drive a car over 180. You have no idea what it's like to be part of a win in the cup series. Your opinion on what should or shouldn't have been done in this instance is nothing more than that. An opinion.

2. If it wasn't a black eye then why all the backpedaling by the sanctioning body? Your silly name calling makes me chuckle. First clue of a lost debate.

3. To be out of the loop and profess to know what's going on today.

Back
Top Bottom