All Star Race Format Announced

I think the all star race can be interesting. They just need much better incentives to compete and win. Thats why the Open has been so much better than the main event recently. Smaller names looking to have their moment in the spotlight.

If the race can’t be great, I’d be open to a skills challenge competition. Fastest single lap. Fastest 5 laps. Drag race competition on the back stretch. Burnout competition. Etc...

An ALL STAR race based solely on luck. OooooK
Round 5 lineup is based on the first 4 round finishes. If you want to have a shot at the million you better not count on luck

Reactions: Pat
The All-Star race needs to be dumped. There is no use in it any more. The excitement is gone from it.
NASCAR and Fox dont agree with you. Now I have to weigh which one is right. I think I've got the answer.

We all know the real reason they’re doing this is because they can squeeze in 199,000 commercials during all of the yellows and they know the only way to salvage Texas now is constant restarts and wrecks. Personally I think they should just make it Death Race 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was addressing SOI's reference to the payouts. My point was, why should people get excited about someone else's paycheck? What's the supposed appeal?
I say the same thing when people get bent on how much money a team has to spend.

We all know the real reason they’re doing this is because they can squeeze in 199,000 commercials during all of the yellows and they know the only way to salvage Texas now is constant restarts and wrecks. Personally I think they should just make it Death Race 🤷🏻‍♂️
A Texas Death race?
1619721124683.png

The conference call between Fox and NASCAR probably went something like this:
"What's the All-Star format this year?"
"I dunno, how many commercial breaks are you obliged to show?"
"For a hundred laps? At least 5."
"Fine, we'll have at least 5 segments."

They better not miss one lap of racing with all those breaks for commercial.

You and I both know they're going to have "Side by side" where they'll show commercials and the "racing action" gets put into a small segment of the screen in the left hand corner.

The All-Star race needs to be dumped. There is no use in it any more. The excitement is gone from it.

Yea, I'm going to have to agree with this. I thought changing it to a short track would spice it up, but the Bristol All Star Race proven to be boring AF. Now they're adding in more stages and inversion of the field? Like, why?

My idea: Heat A, Heat B, LCQ (B Main). The top 2 drivers of all three races have a redraw to determine their starting position for the A Main. I mean, if we're going to have gimmicks and stage racing, let's at least copy the World of Outlaw format who actually got it right.

Fans: more horsepower please

NASCAR: less horsepower!

The rules configuration for the All-Star Race will use the high-downforce aerodynamics package at the 1.5-mile track, but engines will use a tapered spacer reduced from 59/64th of an inch to 57/64th. That setup is currently used on superspeedways, where horsepower targets are in the 500-510 range.

Higher downforce with less horsepower at TEXAS. This race is gonna suck total balls lmao.

Let’s go to Talladega, but at halfway everyone has to turn around under green and start running the track in reverse.
100 laps total, with 10 stages divided into 10 laps each. At the end of each stage the guy in last is eliminated and has to go fight Mike Harmon in a Krystal’s parking lot. Race doesn’t really end at lap 100 though, the last 10 laps begin an all out demolition derby.
Last car standing wins a case of Natty Light and a date with Kim Burton, but only if there’s a waning gibbous moon out on a Leap Year.

Let’s go to Talladega, but at halfway everyone has to turn around under green and start running the track in reverse.
100 laps total, with 10 stages divided into 10 laps each. At the end of each stage the guy in last is eliminated and has to go fight Mike Harmon in a Krystal’s parking lot. Race doesn’t really end at lap 100 though, the last 10 laps begin an all out demolition derby.
Last car standing wins a case of Natty Light and a date with Kim Burton, but only if there’s a waning gibbous moon out on a Leap Year.
Well, nailed the prize at the end of the show!

NASCAR: Okay guys, we’ve been told that Charlotte is too boring. What need a different kind of track.
Lowesmotorspeedway.jpg

What about Texas? It’s totally different!
Tmsnasa.JPG
Tbh while it's not one of my favorite tracks in recent years, I used to love Richmond and think it would be an almost perfect fit for something like the all star race. Also Dover.

With 20 cars on track it makes negative sense why they don't do this at a famous short track/bullring. SoBo, Stafford, Bowman Grey, Oxford....wherever....put these guys on a local track for 150 laps and the ratings would be off the charts. Also I bet the bean counters would make more $$$ at a small track. I'm not gonna bother checking ticket prices but texas has to be pretty much giving these tickets away and they'll barely get a drop in the bucket in attendance relative to their capacity. But at a short track with 10,000 seats they could sell each seat for $100 it'd sell out the first day tickets were on sale.
I'm still expecting Bristol dirt to become the all-star race in a year or 2

• Wow
Reactions: Pat
Honestly I would love to see the NextGen cars at an All Star race with minimal spoiler, no splitter 900hp & no stages. They could even call it a throwback event

NASCAR needs to do these at grassroots tracks. Hell I’ve always thought every offseason we need to do exhibition races across the South with small fields at short tracks to try and drum up excitement for the sport, connect it locally again.

It’s what helps the WoO so much. That the attendees are seeing their local guys matchup against the best in the game. I remember at Lucas Oil LM race at Attica that was almost won by a local guy. Place was roaring the whole time

Back
Top Bottom