all things Shane Van Gisbergen

acmerocket

Team Owner
this guy is going to be fun to watch. lets keep everything here.
anymore races this year?
what will 2024 look like.
trackhouse plus
if it was me i would do all the cup races.because these cars are now so different. he most likely would make it to the payoffs.

I still think he's gonna run an oval race in the project 91 car this year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

what does he have to race before nascar will let him race on the super speedway?

Didn't there used to be a day before Speedweek for Rookies to take the track and display that they are able to get around at speed? Or am I thinking Indy Car & the 500?

Throw him out there at Darlington
Darlington or Phoenix in my opinion. Phoenix is probably the perfect scenario for him to get the reps in.

Most of the field will be trying to stay out of the championship 4's way, And I think that's probably a best-case scenario for him. It's an opportunity for him to really ride around

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m not one to immediately point to success after just two races, but a 1st and 10th in your first two cup starts is quite impressive, even if they were both at a track type he’s used to. AJ shines on road courses, but is mediocre on ovals, so that might be enough evidence to say that SVG will need a lot of practice before he’ll be competitive throughout an entire cup schedule.

He can do simulatiors to prepare for 2024.

They could also set up a weekend gone wrong with a blow up doll to to prepare him for some ADVERSITY and to give him some righteous attitude.

Then they could turm him loose and hope for the best.

A few weeks ago he said about 20 races, but I’m not sure if that referred to the Cup Series, NASCAR, or his overall program (including late models, etc). And then aiming for full-time Cup in 2025.
This will make silly season for Trackhouse interesting. They have Suarez, Ross, Zane and SVG with only 2 charters

This will make silly season for Trackhouse interesting. They have Suarez, Ross, Zane and SVG with only 2 charters
I expect they'll either buy a third charter before '25, or run a Trackhouse-prepared car under another team's charter.

Pretty important year for Suarez I think. I don’t believe he can afford to miss the playoffs again. Even if they add a charter in 2025 there’s one guy who’s going to be on the outside looking in, should Zane and SVG progress as they hope.

“I kind of know what I’m doing. It’s not fully confirmed or announced yet, but I’ll end up hopefully doing 30 races or even 40 if I get enough mixed classes,” van Gisbergen said on the Gypsy Tales Podcast.

“It will be mainly in the Xfinity Series but a lot of Cup races and maybe some Truck stuff too.

“I kind of know what I’m doing. It’s not fully confirmed or announced yet, but I’ll end up hopefully doing 30 races or even 40 if I get enough mixed classes,” van Gisbergen said on the Gypsy Tales Podcast.

“It will be mainly in the Xfinity Series but a lot of Cup races and maybe some Truck stuff too.

Xfinity is a complete 180 from cup these days. Will he learn oval racing tendencies? Yeah. But he will have to unlearn some of the driving techniques he picks up in Xfinity. He should do mainly truck and cup on ovals and maybe do all the Xfinity road courses and superspeedways if they want to run him there. Guys that have gone from truck straight to cup have run much better than guys with tons of Xfinity starts (Zane Smith, Carson Hocevar)

He should do mainly truck and cup on ovals

Bringing someone with 0 oval experience (which wasn't the case for Zane or Carson) to Trucks might also be a bad idea. The level of talent in the Truck field is appalling and I don't think SVG will learn race craft from them. The only benefit to Trucks is that the vehicles handle similarly to the Gen 7.

Yep ol' Shane didn't have any problem attracting sponsors. Now if he can beat that little chicken **** Nemechek a few times, they will be full boating him for the Cup series.

Good to see a new sponsor, even if it’s Xfinity. WT for what they charge can surely afford it.
The factory mats for Darling Bride's '19 Mazda were great. After those, the factory mats for my new Ford were very disappointing. They're thinner material and they don't fit as well. I'm almost glad I slopped some paint on one already; it may give me an excuse to replace them.

The factory mats for Darling Bride's '19 Mazda were great. After those, the factory mats for my new Ford were very disappointing. They're thinner material and they don't fit as well. I'm almost glad I slopped some paint on one already; it may give me an excuse to replace them.
The mats on my new top trim Honda are merely place holders until something more robust is bought.

Back
Top Bottom