Allan McNish Crash Le Mans 24 Hours 2011

Lucky spectators and media!!!

[youtube]4jnibRyrK-o[/youtube]

Sorry, guys . Didn't see this thread earlier. Wouldn't have posted other thread.

Look for "pocono-like" improvements to this track next year.

Sorry, guys . Didn't see this thread earlier. Wouldn't have posted other thread.

Look for "pocono-like" improvements to this track next year.
fixed

and no doubt. Alright Audi, your stunt drivers have proved the car is safe. Circuit De LeSarthe, your sand pits could use some help.

Keep in mind, this IS technically a street course. So they can only do so much. But still, that is far from acceptable. I wish there was a wider angle of Mike's crash, I wanna know how he got over that wall.

Lucky spectators and media!!!

[youtube]4jnibRyrK-o[/youtube]

Wow i think that car being completely torn apart actually helped him walk away from that. It dissipated the energy of the impact away from the driver. IMO he tried overtaking the slower GT car way too late, pretty much right on entrance to that corner, no way the GT driver saw him there.

Wow i think that car being completely torn apart actually helped him walk away from that. It dissipated the energy of the impact away from the driver. IMO he tried overtaking the slower GT car way too late, pretty much right on entrance to that corner, no way the GT driver saw him there.
agreed. I would have just gotten in line. He was basically trying to dive-bomb that corner. But at the same time, the GT car could have taken an outer line- they have mirrors and spotters (i think), he should have known McNish was coming.

fixed

and no doubt. Alright Audi, your stunt drivers have proved the car is safe. Circuit De LeSarthe, your sand pits could use some help.

Keep in mind, this IS technically a street course. So they can only do so much. But still, that is far from acceptable. I wish there was a wider angle of Mike's crash, I wanna know how he got over that wall.

They need to put safer bearers on those walls, especially at those speeds those prototypes can do. Even if it is a street course the public driving on those roads would be safer too.

I dvr'd SPEEDcenter the other day and took a really good look at this crash in slo-mo on a larger screen. I'm not kidding here, but go back and look at the crash. You know the guy by the bike who was in most danger of getting crushed ? From first glance, it appears he is cowering in an attempt to protect himself from falling debris, right? Well, he's holding either a cellphone or small camera and is actually crouching for the most incredible photo ever as the car is still airborne!!!

Are you effing kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Back
Top Bottom