Americarna

Zerkfitting

Team Owner
Ray Evernham hosts a show about cars on Velocity. Last night he tracked down two race cars from the 70's, the cars were unrestored survivors. A Torino and Charger were last run by independents and Ray acquired them to preserve their history. (NASCAR mandated the Charger Hemi have a restrictor plate for all races). Ray showed a couple tricks (cheats) the cars had, he commented one of the tricks cost him a $50k fine from NASCAR. He had Kasey Kahne run the Charger to compare it to his current race car, obviously the current car was better in the 0-100-0 run and slalom but the Charger was almost as good as the Gen 6 car on the skid pad.

Seems like a pretty good show, I watched the first one but havent seen the one you posted about yet

I was watching but turned it off while they dragged out showing the Torino stored in the truck.

Both cars qualified for the 500. Dick Trickle drove the Ford. Ray talked with those involved with the cars when they were built. They provided some info about how it was and what the independents did to field a car. (They took too much time unloading the trailer for a half hour show).

Velocity channel has some good car shows on it. I like watching Chasing Classic cars. Wayne's got a hard job trying to decide what super car he wants to drive today.

Velocity channel has some good car shows on it. I like watching Chasing Classic cars. Wayne's got a hard job trying to decide what super car he wants to drive today.

That guy has and drives some very rare cars. I'm going to get him to help me sell my Elantra.

Wheeler Dealer is fun sometimes, even though they sometimes do hack repairs.

That guy has and drives some very rare cars. I'm going to get him to help me sell my Elantra.

Wheeler Dealer is fun sometimes, even though they sometimes do hack repairs.

I watch wheeler dealers all the time, I am puzzled by the "hack repairs" comment. seems to me they usually do most of the stuff as right as they can, have seen them go so far as to replace the frames on a couple of cars

I watch wheeler dealers all the time, I am puzzled by the "hack repairs" comment. seems to me they usually do most of the stuff as righ can, have seen them go so far as to replace the frames on a couple of cars
hehe

Fender said
sometimes do hack repairs.
You said
they usually do most of the stuff as right can

Sounds like a wash

I watch wheeler dealers all the time, I am puzzled by the "hack repairs" comment. seems to me they usually do most of the stuff as right as they can, have seen them go so far as to replace the frames on a couple of cars

Spray can paint over repairs, body fill in windshield channels vs braze and grind, etc.

They had a show where they went back and visited owners of some of their cars, and they didn't fair very well.

Spray can paint over repairs, body fill in windshield channels vs braze and grind, etc.

They had a show where they went back and visited owners of some of their cars, and they didn't fair very well.

Yah I guess I have seen some of that stuff, any body repair done to a car in britain better be done right, that place is hell on an automobile

This show will obviously be cancelled after 1 season.

After that news of Ray coming to work full time at Hendrick Motorsports, you'd figure he's going to have to focus on the organization full time now.

Back
Top Bottom