AMT announces release of a new kit series.

M

mitchum

Had a long weekend and we didn't race so I've come up with some more box art to share. Just posted it on the model boards without any disclaimer but ya'll know what a joker I am so even if you're not fooled I still hope you enjoy the pic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMT announces release of a new kit series.

In a rare display of marketing savvy, the long time producer of model kits announced a new series of kits that will utilize not only the AMT tooling but will incorporate the vintage MPC tooling and leased tooling from other manufacturers to produce a line of historic stock car kits.

The first offerings in the new line will be a series of kits with two complete models in each box released under the name "DOUBLE THUNDER". The kits will have a common thread, be it make, model or year of competition. While a few will be straight reissues, there will be many others that are modified reissues and some completely new tools will be included in this new series.

The first kit slated for release will include a Jimmy Pardue '64 Plymouth from leased Lindberg tooling and a Buddy Arrington '74 Road Runner from modified MPC tooling with the name of "Hemi Thunder". Release date is on or around April 1st with more kits to follow later.

PLYMOUTHpost.jpg

Sign me up! Those MPC Road Runners are costing a fortune these days!
:beerbang::D

Back
Top Bottom