Announcment

R

RIMSHAW

Rick Hendrick made an announcement that he was going to make announcement today.

I also heard there would be an announcement before the announcement

No he hasn't announced that yet

A pre-announcement to announce the announcement before the annoucement, all leading up to a special announcement that will announce an upcoming very special announcement.

Details will be announced soon:D

Details will be announced soon:D[/QUOTE]

The announcer announced that.

Another 4 race sponsorship. I feel like a broken record when I say that NASCAR has some real sponsor issues that they are not addressing....

Another 4 race sponsorship. I feel like a broken record when I say that NASCAR has some real sponsor issues that they are not addressing....

Yep. when a 4 time champ has his major sponsor cut back makes me wonder wonder how smaller teams will survive.

I guarantee NASCAR is very well aware of this and they are addressing it - just not publicly. Why in the world would they say, "Hey, we're having some issues getting sponsors." That could potentially scare off some of the better sponsors. I suspect the issue has more to do with the economy.

I guarantee NASCAR is very well aware of this and they are addressing it - just not publicly. Why in the world would they say, "Hey, we're having some issues getting sponsors." That could potentially scare off some of the better sponsors. I suspect the issue has more to do with the economy.

Oh yeah, NASCAR has been addressing the money spending for years...The teams always find a way to spend more money. NAscar needs to come out and simply state" Over the course of 365 days, each team can spend no more than x amount of money"...period...NO LOOP HOLES.

Oh yeah, NASCAR has been addressing the money spending for years...The teams always find a way to spend more money. NAscar needs to come out and simply state" Over the course of 365 days, each team can spend no more than x amount of money"...period...NO LOOP HOLES.

I like the idea, sort of, of a salary cap, if you could call it that. I mean it's gotten to the point that sponsors are just becoming less willing to fork out that kind of money anymore.

Quaker State taking the place of HendrickCars.com, which is essentially paying for the race out of pocket, I would assume?

I suspect the issue has more to do with the economy.
<--that

NAscar needs to come out and simply state" Over the course of 365 days, each team can spend no more than x amount of money"

sort of, of a salary cap, if you could call it that

How about franchising?

Here's a novel idea, how about NA$CAR quit micro-managing things that are NOT ITS to manage. Auto racing from local tracks on up is still one of the few bastions (if not the only) of free enterprise remaining today; let the "market place" dictate all of the above. :salute:

*whoops, this radical idea probably belongs in "The Podium"* :growl:

<--that

Here's a novel idea, how about NA$CAR quit micro-managing things that are NOT ITS to manage. Auto racing from local tracks on up is still one of the few bastions (if not the only) of free enterprise remaining today; let the "market place" dictate all of the above. :salute:

I agree it would take care of it self, Nascar is just like the government.

How could any sanctioning body monitor this?????

Are you talking franchising?

I say leave chit alone. The economy is as bad as it has been in 25 years. Things will turn around and this will work itself out.

Hmmmm, NASCAR has been around since 1949 and it's still making money. How many of us would love to be in the seat of Brian France or any of the France family. This is "their" game and they have been the most successful at auto racing in this country yet so many people just hate it that they have all the rules in their back pocket. I don't like all the changes that have been made, but I don't make my living in the sport either. NASCAR is no different than any other motorized racing series except that at the moment, it's the most successful.

Hmmmm, NASCAR has been around since 1949 and it's still making money. How many of us would love to be in the seat of Brian France or any of the France family. This is "their" game and they have been the most successful at auto racing in this country yet so many people just hate it that they have all the rules in their back pocket. I don't like all the changes that have been made, but I don't make my living in the sport either. NASCAR is no different than any other motorized racing series except that at the moment, it's the most successful.

Keep forgetting that it really is there game

the market would drive the smaller underfunded teams out of nascar. darwin theory applied to nascar. is this what we want? just asking, hopefully we can stay more civil than in the podium. <g>

the market would drive the smaller underfunded teams out of nascar. darwin theory applied to nascar. is this what we want? just asking, hopefully we can stay more civil than in the podium. <g>

Yep, that's what we (well I) want. The "smaller underfunded" teams will find their own level of successful affordable competition in other racing series ie. ARCA, ASA, whatever, or even local level and "work" their way up with enough on track success that they may attract enough sponsor interest to compete at the "top" level again (or for the first time). And the fans will dictate to the Series just how popular that type of racing is to them- the fans. Remember it was the independent owners, drivers, crew chiefs, pit road crew members, etc. that built NA$CAR, that was the foundation of the what is now the National Association of Spec Car Auto Racing.

Who was it that said (paraphrasing here) 'We arn't racing garages or haulers, we're racing cars.' ? I think he is one of our very own (RIP) Champions....

Yep, that's what we (well I) want. The "smaller underfunded" teams will find their own level of successful affordable competition in other racing series ie. ARCA, ASA, whatever, or even local level and "work" their way up with enough on track success that they may attract enough sponsor interest to compete at the "top" level again (or for the first time). And the fans will dictate to the Series just how popular that type of racing is to them- the fans. Remember it was the independent owners, drivers, crew chiefs, pit road crew members, etc. that built NA$CAR, that was the foundation of the what is now the National Association of Spec Car Auto Racing.

Who was it that said (paraphrasing here) 'We arn't racing garages or haulers, we're racing cars.' ? I think he is one of our very own (RIP) Champions....

Looks like someone is out of touch with reality.....THIS IS WHY WE NEED CAPS on how much teams can spend. It is obously that corporations don't have the bank roll that teams need today. I want MANY team in NASCAR not 4-5. I want the little guy to have a chance not the 6-8 car team/satellite teams. Mabey you would be happy if all the teams were Hendrick or Hendrick satellite teams.

Looks like someone is out of touch with reality.....THIS IS WHY WE NEED CAPS on how much teams can spend. It is obously that corporations don't have the bank roll that teams need today. I want MANY team in NASCAR not 4-5. I want the little guy to have a chance not the 6-8 car team/satellite teams. Mabey you would be happy if all the teams were Hendrick or Hendrick satellite teams.

:beerbang:

Back
Top Bottom