Another WC team for next season

H

HardScrabble

Looks like Jack Sprague is going full tiem WC next season. Don't know if a new independent team can compete for ROTY against the likes of Roush and Ganassi.

Been surprised before!:D

NetZero, a leading provider of value-priced and free Internet access services, announced today it would advance its NASCAR marketing initiative to the Winston Cup Series in 2003 with #60 Haas CNC Racing and veteran driver Jack Sprague. NetZero has stepped up and will be the primary sponsor on the Haas CNC Racing Chevrolet for the 2003 season. "We looked at our options for 2003 and felt moving to the Winston Cup Series was the direction we wanted to take," stated Brian Woods, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of NetZero. "Our NASCAR media and marketing initiatives have exceeded our expectations, first with a championship in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series and currently running toward the top of the NASCAR Busch Series. In Winston Cup, we will be able to build on the momentum our program has achieved." NetZero joined the NASCAR sponsorship ranks in 2001 backing Sprague as he raced to four victories en route to the division championship. The program graduated to the Busch Series this season with NetZero again taking the primary sponsorship role. Sprague broke into Victory Lane at Nashville, TN, in April and is currently running 4th in the series. While the new Sprague/Haas CNC Racing association signals Sprague's departure from Hendrick Motorsports, the team will still have the benefit of HMS as a partner; HMS will provide the new Haas team with technical assistance. The new NetZero Winston Cup association will make its debut at Homestead Miami Speedway, Sunday, November 17. The team recently purchased a 40,000-square-foot building in Harrisburg, NC, which will be the home of the Haas CNC Racing Winston Cup team in 2003

It looks like we are going to have yet another great rookie battle next year with Greg Biffle and Jack Sprague going at it.
I also got a picture of the car for everyone.

I just thought I'd point out that I already posted a pic of the car in the thread "Sprague's 2003 WC Ride". It's okay though, not a huge deal. :D

Don't leave Jamie out of the ROTY battle next season!

Larry Foyt......well Jamie, Greg and maybe Jack can have a good battle.

Hmmmm...Would Chip field two rookies?....Naaah.:D

I was kinda hoping that they would run pontaic like was rumored a while ago!! I am still kinda shocked that only 5 Pontaic teams are singed up. Well 4 Foyt has not said yet if they will use Pontaic's. my guess is yes but nothing has been officalized. Possibly 6 Pontaic's I was hoping for 7 or 8.

Back
Top Bottom