Any small room a/c Gurus out There?

Whizzer

Gig'em
Thinking of moving my office to the storage shed, an 8'0"W X 10'0"L X 7' 6"H, ceiling and wanting ideas of how to cool it. It gets toasty at around 100 degrees during the day. Cooling would be only when occupied and not running otherwise. Thinking someone might have experience and/or knowledge of similar situation.
Window not large enough to accommodate conventional unit leaving a couple of options. Open wall and mount small conventional unit there or find a small portable unit.
Know nothing about swamp coolers or their efficiency. Do they work?

A 5,000, 5500 BTU window unit would do it. A water cooler is what we called them in high humidity areas can create mold and mildew. We had one in a boat house that worked pretty good to bring down the inside temps in a tin roof and sides a few degrees, but in a pretty tight structure I would rule it out and go with the A/C that removes humidity.

A 5,000, 5500 BTU window unit would do it. A water cooler is what we called them in high humidity areas can create mold and mildew. We had one in a boat house that worked pretty good to bring down the inside temps in a tin roof and sides a few degrees, but in a pretty tight structure I would rule it out and go with the A/C that removes humidity.

Agreed. I use a swamp cooler on our porch, have to have windows open or a screen to effectively move air. Also dewpoints above 60° affect it as well

I have two window AC in my trailer. 12K in living room right across from recliner, 6K I believe in bedroom right over bed.

I'd recommend an 8K since you likely have no insulation in walls or ceiling. Do you have any vents? Need couple to let some air flow thru. As long as you have some air flow thru vents, AC can't be too big IMO. It'll just cycle on/off if larger. My new 12K is much more efficient than the others I've had. Appears to be much more modern design.

Back
Top Bottom