Anyone in Philly area going to Nascar takes over Philly?

Any tickets dropped off at the DA's office would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't even know this was a thing

As a diabetic I really hope Ryan Reeds not in that cheesesteak cookoff

Instead of driving in center city they should race down the Schuylkill Expressway

Instead of driving in center city they should race down the Schuylkill Expressway
Not being from that area, I found The Conshohocken Curve to be one of the greatest names for a stretch of highway...ever.

I was in Philly last week and weekend for the Penn Relays @ the University of Pennsylvania and also checked out the NFL Draft while we were there. There's a lot to do in that city.

I love Philly but it is funny as when you talk to some residents they don't think they are in a city unless they are in NYC.

Not being from that area, I found The Conshohocken Curve to be one of the greatest names for a stretch of highway...ever.
It sounds like it should be a famous road course turn

I love Philly but it is funny as when you talk to some residents they don't think they are in a city unless they are in NYC.
I always found the Philly area more livable. New York and it's suburbs have everything you can imagine under the Sun but I find it way too expensive, crowded and noisy. I'll take a smaller city (the joke is that Philly is the fifth most populous city in the USA so size is relative.) I just can't stand their sports teams. :D

I've driven it a few times but never knew it had a name until I Googled it.

I always found the Philly area more livable. New York and it's suburbs have everything you can imagine under the Sun but I find it way too expensive, crowded and noisy. I'll take a smaller city (the joke is that Philly is the fifth most populous city in the USA so size is relative.) I just can't stand their sports teams. :D

I could live in Philly and die a happy man as I love the vibe of the city. NYC would be OK if not for the expense as I would feel like I was being robbed every time I bought a cup of coffee. Of course the availability of Corned Beef on Rye with a Kosher Dill on demand may make it all worthwhile.

Phila. gets a bad rap and much of it is complete folklore. I think truth be told, a lot of Phila sports fans relish it. Like any city, it has its good and its bad.
I've driven it a few times but never knew it had a name until I Googled it.

Been over the Conshohocken Curve a plethora of times. Back in the 70's and into the 80's it was the barometer for how bad your trip into the City was going to be. You'd be truckin' along at 60-65 and come over the hill into the curve and it could be anything from a panic stop to a gradual slow-down to a fairly moderate (if any) deceleration. If your wheels stop turning before you hit the CC you're in trouble. Now you can at least bail off on the Blue Route (476) and come up I-95 into So. Philly but that's no bargain either a lot of times. The 76 Expy into Phila. was obsolete the year they built it, now handles probably three times the volume. Day of week/time of day is almost irrelevant anymore too. Maybe at 3AM it's an easy drive. Other than that......

Phila. gets a bad rap and much of it is complete folklore. I think truth be told, a lot of Phila sports fans relish it. Like any city, it has its good and its bad.

Been over the Conshohocken Curve a plethora of times. Back in the 70's and into the 80's it was the barometer for how bad your trip into the City was going to be. You'd be truckin' along at 60-65 and come over the hill into the curve and it could be anything from a panic stop to a gradual slow-down to a fairly moderate (if any) deceleration. If your wheels stop turning before you hit the CC you're in trouble. Now you can at least bail off on the Blue Route (476) and come up I-95 into So. Philly but that's no bargain either a lot of times. The 76 Expy into Phila. was obsolete the year they built it, now handles probably three times the volume. Day of week/time of day is almost irrelevant anymore too. Maybe at 3AM it's an easy drive. Other than that......
I must have been lucky. Most of the time I was pulling an RV and it was like any other city's traffic.

I live in the Philly suburbs and I never take the Schuykill at any time of day or night. It's the most congested road I've ever driven on.

I live in the Philly suburbs and I never take the Schuykill at any time of day or night. It's the most congested road I've ever driven on.

I love it when first timers try to say "Schuykill."

The Schuylkill River. Reminds me of my neighbor ‘n dear friend who was born ‘n raised there. He laughed when I tried pronounce it after Nutter declared it a border of gang activity.

He ‘n I sat in my drive ‘n offered solutions for all the world’s problems, many, many times. He passed recently at 87.

Love ya, Bob. Miss ya badly.

I must have been lucky. Most of the time I was pulling an RV and it was like any other city's traffic.
You were lucky. I thought about taking the RV there last weekend and staying in the Campus Park and Ride lot. It's only five minutes away from the University of Pennsylvania. The thoughts of towing the 5'er there down 76 gave me sleepless nights. I opted for a hotel stay up in Horsham, PA. Even a 30 minute ride from that location to the university on a weekend is easily 2 to 3 times that on a weekday morning. Next time I think I'll be taking the train. It looks like it would be far less stress.

Is that the name for I76 along the river? The merge points on that route are displayed picture examples in Webster's Dictionary next to the word ridiculous.

SKOO-kle. I grew up in the PA county by the same name. The name is ubiquitous in the area. School Dists., towns, rivers and streams, banks, shopping ctrs, etc. Next we'll review Kishacoquillas and Catasauqua.

SKOO-kle. I grew up in the PA county by the same name. The name is ubiquitous in the area. School Dists., towns, rivers and streams, banks, shopping ctrs, etc. Next we'll review Kishacoquillas and Catasauqua.

This.

Sweet. Didn't miss that Paddy Wagon by much!

Back
Top Bottom