ARCA 2022

They were live streaming this trip, I believe the YT channel belongs to driver John Zarvel, the accident did not get recorded

Thoughts to Steve's family and the DGR team

Wonder if the truck driver fell asleep or had a heart attack. Just trying to make sense of how this happened. Feel bad for everyone involved.

Reading the report above.... I interpret it that the semi driver wasn't paying attention and struck the Honda towing the trailer. He probably then oversteered and wrecked himself. Just a guess.
Thanks for your input. So sad right now

This is very sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the family members, and I hope for a speedy recovery for the other people involved in the accident. This reminds me so much of the accident my close friend was in on the way to the Las Vegas race at the end of the season last year when he was driving Jim Heads hauler and another semi lost control in the rain and came through the medium and hit my friend head on and killed him instantly. Racing is a dangerous job but spending so many hours on the freeways across this country in a hauler is pretty dangerous also. It's hard to speculate what happened. It could have been a number of things. Falling asleep, medical problem, speeding, not paying attention, no lights on the vehicle he hit. They will figure it out during the investigation. :(

It slung the small trailer across to the other side of the road blocking traffic on that side and the SUV was pretty far away from where the truck ended up. It's happened before where a four wheeler has either stopped on the road or was going very slow so there is another variable to consider. There was one when I was driving out of Amarillo that a full size van with five inside had stopped dead on I 40 right over a rise and a big truck didn't see them. It didn't turn out well.

Calm race so far.
Liked to see Toni working on the backup car

great camera work
Spring even came out
Almost a roll over

Cut the roof off of meltons car.
I can’t remember them doing that before

ARCA East has been on life support for years, wouldn't be surprised if it's discontinued after this season.
This was their last standalone race in 2022 already.
They should refocus back to being like they were as the Busch North series. You aren't going to get kids in the southeast when there is so much late model racing. You need to focus it on the northeast like it used to be where not everything is late models.

ARCA East has been on life support for years, wouldn't be surprised if it's discontinued after this season.
This was their last standalone race in 2022 already.

12 years ago you'd have 30+ cars at Loudon for the K/N races. Before 2007ish you'd have 40+ cars. How you kill off 3/4ths of your teams in such a short time is negatively impressive. ARCA had similar car counts....heck they held on a bit longer iirc with 35+ cars still showing up at Daytona and Talladaga til 2012 or so.

12 years ago you'd have 30+ cars at Loudon for the K/N races. Before 2007ish you'd have 40+ cars. How you kill off 3/4ths of your teams in such a short time is negatively impressive. ARCA had similar car counts....heck they held on a bit longer iirc with 35+ cars still showing up at Daytona and Talladaga til 2012 or so.
I think these are the reason. Cars like this are cheaper to build, race every weekend, most at the same track, and they are mostly popular in the east.

1652028215266.png

I survived the Music city 200. 6th place was 3 laps down, the winner led every lap.

I went to the ARCA East race at Southern National last year. It was one of the most painful experiences I ever had covering a race. Boring as hell. Think only the top-2 cars finished on the lead lap IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom