ARCA Racing 2019

I think you have to qualify somehow to get into the combo series big dance next year, That should cull out many of the backmarkers I would guess.

Not sure how it is gonna work with the combination races, though its just going to be at short tracks (K&N does not go to any tracks over 1 mile, so 15 year olds can run for the championship), they have announced that it will be at short tracks. So I'm guessing the format with be similar to ARCA's current Sioux Chief Short Track Challenge (championship of just the short track races). So i don't know if they will have any requirement for teams to run those.
Though, i doubt there will be a huge amount of cars running the races anyway, so i'd imagine any competitive team will have no issue getting in.
Salem had 19 cars, 10 of them (maybeeeeee 11, the 11th was kinda a crappy good car or a good crappy car....) were good competitive cars. The rest of them were the ridiculously slow cars, i'm sure a lot of them were probably not meeting the minimum speeds.....
K&N at Bristol had 18 cars, and almost all of them (with the exception of 1 or 2) were good competitive cars though 4 of them were Bill McNally's west series cars that wont be at all of the east races. DGR brought 4 cars (i think 1 or 2 of them are full time)... K&N East had as few as 13 cars at Thompson last year, West had as few as 13 at Oregon last year.
Taking all of the good competitive full time cars from all 3 series would make 1 full very strong field at a combination race, so i doubt there would be too many cars to send home anyway.

ARCA's in a rough spot now. Those super slow cars look kind of like a joke, either parking immediately or getting lapped within a few laps...(and getting lapped again constantly) but take them away and they have a 10 or 11 car field. Will be interesting to see what NASCAR can do to help the fields anyway. I'm not sure whats gonna happen but i'm looking forward to it anyway!

I'm confused about the Stock Car Invitational. You'd think they would be the last 10 races but other people have insisted that's not the case and it will be a mid-summer deal, so then how is the "minimum 6 K&N races" qualification going to work?

ARCA & K&N could badly use some 20-36 car fields. Quite honestly I think the car counts in both series are a huge problem and needs to be addressed just as much as any other series including Cup.

13 cars at Thompson and Douglas County (wouldn't mind going this year to that) is embarrassing.

I'm confused about the Stock Car Invitational. You'd think they would be the last 10 races but other people have insisted that's not the case and it will be a mid-summer deal, so then how is the "minimum 6 K&N races" qualification going to work?

ARCA & K&N could badly use some 20-36 car fields. Quite honestly I think the car counts in both series are a huge problem and needs to be addressed just as much as any other series including Cup.

13 cars at Thompson and Douglas County (wouldn't mind going this year to that) is embarrassing.

Not sure how the qualification for the combination races will work, but if the stock car invitational is only short tracks (and it has to be since a lot of the good full time k&n drivers aren’t old enough to run the large tracks ) then it has to be just spread out throughout the season. I would think ARCA can’t just say they are going to run the big tracks for the first half of the year and short tracks for the second half of the year. Obviously I don’t know next years calendar but their finale has been at Kansas for a long time and a lot of the K&N guys can’t be there. Who knows, maybe ARCA will only run short tracks later in the year, we don’t know next years schedule, but I would think the big tracks will still be mixed throughout the schedule since those weeekends depend on the Cup series

Peterson got a new composite, Gerhart looks to be taking his hat out of the ring soon after all these years, Venturini keeps taking the field's lunch money, Eckes is on shaky ground early, Tommy Vigh Jr. is 6th in points and Chandler Smith looks to be the heir apparent to the 2021 title. ARCA never truly disappoints, does it?

I don't see the plan for 2020 working out.
My guess would be that some of the short track races (hopefully) make it on the K&N schedule and the speedway races will be discontinued.

Races like Daytona and Talladega are some of the biggest races on the ARCA schedule. Don't see them throwing those away

Back
Top Bottom