ARCA Racing Series 2011

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Add 'em as you find 'em out.

Feb. 12, 2011 -- Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 at Daytona (4pm EST, LIVE on SPEED)
April 15, 2011 -- ARCA Racing Series 250 at Talladega
June 3, 2011 -- Chicagoland Speedway ?
June 11, 2011 -- ARCA Pocono 200
June 17, 2011 -- RainEater Wiper Blades 200 at Michigan (LIVE on SPEED)
July 16, 2011 -- Prarie Meadows 200
August 6, 2011 -- ARCA Pennsylvania 125

It does not look like the series will be back at Texas unless ARCA goes there when they run the IRL races.

We can pretty much assume the Allen Crowe 100 and Southern Illinois 100 will remain intact. Toledo and Salem will probably keep two races, and I'd be shocked if the series does not return to Berlin Raceway next season.

Right now, the biggest question marks surround Palm Beach, Rockingham, New Jersey, Kansas and Mansfield.

Last I heard about Kansas, they were talking about running the ARCA race on June 3rd but Chicagoland Speedway already says it has ARCA that weekend as part of a doubleheader with the Nationwide Series.

If you know more, please share. :)

Also, it is likely the seven dates I have found and posted are seven of the ten ARCA Racing Series events that will be televised on SPEED.

Really wonder about palm beach. The crowd was really really awful. It did rain, but it didn't start raining at all until after the race already started. They should go to Gresham Motorsports Park, that place is perfect for ARCA.

Really wonder about palm beach. The crowd was really really awful. It did rain, but it didn't start raining at all until after the race already started. They should go to Gresham Motorsports Park, that place is perfect for ARCA.

I'm curious about Mansfield. That track looks destined for closure again.

I'd like to see ARCA go back to Nashville Superspeedway and The Milwaukee Mile. And the series desperately needs to return to Virginia. That's a key market they're missing out on. Just about every track, except Old Dominion, in VA would sell out.

How many people were at PBIR? I saw race highlights on ARCA Media and it didn't look like there were even 100 people there.

I'm curious about Mansfield. That track looks destined for closure again.

I'd like to see ARCA go back to Nashville Superspeedway and The Milwaukee Mile. And the series desperately needs to return to Virginia. That's a key market they're missing out on. Just about every track, except Old Dominion, in VA would sell out.

How many people were at PBIR? I saw race highlights on ARCA Media and it didn't look like there were even 100 people there.

Milwaukee would be good, they used to be the support series for Indycar there in 2004 or 2005 i think. I don't know about selling out in VA though. I went to Motor Mile in 2008 & 2009 and the crowd for USAR and the crowd was terrible(and Denny Hamlin was running a local late model race that same night in 2009, still couldn't get a good crowd). Went to South Boston this year for K&N Pro Series and Whelen mods running the same day and the crowd wasnt very good there too. And it seemed like most of the crowd there was just there because some of the drivers from Madhouse were there(that race happened when Madhouse was still pretty new).

You are probably right about there being less than 100 people at Palm Beach. There was so few people it didn't even feel like a spectator event. I'm sure the weather didn't help, but i don't think thats what killed it.

Milwaukee would be good, they used to be the support series for Indycar there in 2004 or 2005 i think. I don't know about selling out in VA though. I went to Motor Mile in 2008 & 2009 and the crowd for USAR and the crowd was terrible(and Denny Hamlin was running a local late model race that same night in 2009, still couldn't get a good crowd). Went to South Boston this year for K&N Pro Series and Whelen mods running the same day and the crowd wasnt very good there too. And it seemed like most of the crowd there was just there because some of the drivers from Madhouse were there(that race happened when Madhouse was still pretty new).

You are probably right about there being less than 100 people at Palm Beach. There was so few people it didn't even feel like a spectator event. I'm sure the weather didn't help, but i don't think thats what killed it.

In all seriousness, the racing is good over there but USAR sucks.

In all seriousness, the racing is good over there but USAR sucks.

Well that is true, but it was still Hooters Pro Cup in 2008, i figured the crowd would've been a little better that time. Tickets were only $15 for the Pro Cup races. The show at South Boston was awesome the East series and the Whelen modifieds for only $15 too, but still the crowd was crap.

ARCA really needs to get another race in Canada. The crowd was bad at Cayuga, but it did rain before the race that day. There was a Canadian Tire series race the day before at Barrie, some people may have only wanted to do 1 race that weekend and decided to do that one. The promoter of Cayuga was terrible. That Cayuga ARCA race had a lot going against it. I went to one Canadian Tire series race at Cayuga and it was the worst crowd i've seen for that series too, the owner can't promote a race. Canadian Tire Series races at places like Barrie, St-Eustache, Saskatoon manage to sell out at $40-$50 a ticket. Their crowds are the best I see in short track racing, and it hasn't fallen off much even with the economy getting worse and worse. Most of their races are in the same region too(there are 5 in Southern Ontario) and they still get great crowds everytime. I don't know what they are doing right, maybe its just that the fans are more into. ARCA needs that. They need Delaware Speedway. Delaware already has Canadian Tire Series, there are rumors that they are getting the Whelen Modifieds, they should have ARCA.

I'd like to see Darlington on the schedule. That would be wild.

And a race at Langley Speedway or Old Dominion Speedway would be nice.

I don't understand why ARCA does not draw, they put on a pretty decent show , comparable to the Nationwide guys at times. They must not market their product very well, I sure don't see very much advertising for their series. It seems to me if they publicised a little more info about what is going on and didn't make it so hard to find their schedules, it just might improve attendance figures at their races! On a side note, the MRS series, Whelen Mods, and the Camping East Series or whatever it is called these days, draws good crowds up here in the Northeast. The MRS series is especially good , I like them better than the Whelen Guys.

no clue if there is any truth to it but there is a rumor over at the Canadian Racing forum that ARCA will be at Delaware in 2011. I guess we will find out soon. I would expect ARCA will release their schedule this week or next week. I think their championship banquet is the first week of December so I would think we will at least have it the day of the banquet if not sooner...

no clue if there is any truth to it but there is a rumor over at the Canadian Racing forum that ARCA will be at Delaware in 2011. I guess we will find out soon. I would expect ARCA will release their schedule this week or next week. I think their championship banquet is the first week of December so I would think we will at least have it the day of the banquet if not sooner...

Last year, they released it the day before Thanksgiving (I was told that was because they were trying to get a date secured at an unspecified track in Georgia).

The year before, they released it at Toledo in October.

Last year, they released it the day before Thanksgiving (I was told that was because they were trying to get a date secured at an unspecified track in Georgia).

The year before, they released it at Toledo in October.

Would've been cool if they went to Gresham. I always look most forward to ARCAs schedule than any other, seems to change up the most. K&N Pro Series East/West changes up a lot too, but they keep shrinking it too much. East Went from 13 to 11, to 10 in the past 3 years. I did hear Langley is getting a East series race though and that Lime Rock is off.

Would've been cool if they went to Gresham. I always look most forward to ARCAs schedule than any other, seems to change up the most. K&N Pro Series East/West changes up a lot too, but they keep shrinking it too much. East Went from 13 to 11, to 10 in the past 3 years. I did hear Langley is getting a East series race though and that Lime Rock is off.

Langley Speedway attracts a good crowd for the USAR series. Would be a cool track for ARCA but it's too small I think.

Langley Speedway attracts a good crowd for the USAR series. Would be a cool track for ARCA but it's too small I think.

Yeah, I think it will be a good east series track though. i havent been there but i have seen photos, looks good.

Yeah, I think it will be a good east series track though. i havent been there but i have seen photos, looks good.

Decent facilities. Honestly, as long as I have a place to plug my computer in and WiFi access, I'm happy. Old Dominion has neither and it makes covering races there a pain in the ass end.

ARCA announced a couple more races.... Salem will have 2 races, May 1 and September 17. What a surprise... I remember in past years ARCA would always announce some of their new races ahead of time. New Jersey, Music City motorplex(which was cancelled anyway...), Cayuga, Palm Beach, Texas... No interesting new races announced ahead of time this year. Just Daytona, MIS and Salem...

Updated schedule

Feb. 12, 2011 -- Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 at Daytona (4pm EST, LIVE on SPEED)
April 15, 2011 -- ARCA Racing Series 250 at Talladega
May 1, 2011 -- Salem Speedway
June 3, 2011 -- Chicagoland Speedway/Kansas Speedway?
June 11, 2011 -- ARCA Pocono 200
June 17, 2011 -- RainEater Wiper Blades 200 at Michigan (LIVE on SPEED)
July 9, 2011 -- Berlin Raceway
July 16, 2011 -- Prarie Meadows 200
August 6, 2011 -- ARCA Pennsylvania 125
September 17, 2011 -- ARCA Fall Classic at Salem Speedway

I hope so.

I'd like to see North Wilkesboro and Darlington on the schedule as well.

Me too. North Wilkesboro is in the heart of moonshine country! We wouldn't even have NASCAR or Stock Car racing in general if it wasn't for moonshiners and runners!!

they are going back to Winchester June 25

Nothing too exciting so far.

I just hope Palm Beach and Mansfield disappear. Palm Beach crowd sucked in a good market. As for Mansfield: people shouldn't have to buy tickets and spend the whole year wondering if the race is going to be run or not.

Nothing too exciting so far.

At least they finally announced one that was not on the schedule last year. Everything else that had been announced(Daytona, MIS, Salem & Berlin) have been on the schedule for so many years that it would be really surprising if they werent on the schedule. Finally they announced something that wasnt completely predicatable.

ARCA announced 2 more 2011 races... 2 at Pocono. Another predictable one... Frank was on Speed channel tonight but didn't say anything interesting at all. I was hoping he would either mention his plans(about if Menards is continuing to sponsor him) or the 2011 schedule. All he talked about was the Polar Bear 150. ARCA should try to get their announced on Speed, a lot more people would see it than just on their site.

April 15th - Talladega (already knew that)
June 4th - Chicago (already knew that just didn't know the date, doubleheader with Nationwide same day)
October 7th - Kansas (on a Friday this year instead of a Thursday afternoon)

So, we have 12 confirmed races from ARCA(and Iowa/Berlin's site). Toledox2, Duquoin, Springfield, NJ... Would be up to about 17... I hope the schedule is out before the banquet. I don't think ARCA has announced Berlin or Iowa on their website. I guess one of those would probably be next for them to announce..

So, we have 12 confirmed races from ARCA(and Iowa/Berlin's site). Toledox2, Duquoin, Springfield, NJ... Would be up to about 17... I hope the schedule is out before the banquet. I don't think ARCA has announced Berlin or Iowa on their website. I guess one of those would probably be next for them to announce..

Rockingham would be 18.

At this point, we can assume the televised races are: Daytona, Talladega, Pocono I, Pocono II, Kansas, Chicago, Michigan, Iowa and two standalone events (Rockingham if it's still on the schedule).

SPEED should really air one of the dirt races and promote the hell out of it -- that would get MAD RATINGZ!

BTW, The K&N Pro series schedules are coming out Friday at noon. They are also releasing some of the dates ahead of time on their twitter(nascarhometrack) to followers. The west is expanding from 12 to 14 races. I bet they'll be back at Kyle, TX.

ARCA announced Duquoin and Springfield... K&N is actually announcing some interesting events. The west will be going back to Evergreen. The east will be going to Langley, Columbus(OH) and Bowman Grey(isnt a 1/4mile too small for this series?).

ARCA is like the last major series left to make a schedule announcement. What other series are left? The World of Outlaws sprints and late models, thats about all i can think of. They must be having a hard time getting the last track or 2 to commit. Hopefully they wont have a short schedule. Banquet is next Sunday, hopefully we will see something then or before then.

ARCA is like the last major series left to make a schedule announcement. What other series are left? The World of Outlaws sprints and late models, thats about all i can think of. They must be having a hard time getting the last track or 2 to commit. Hopefully they wont have a short schedule. Banquet is next Sunday, hopefully we will see something then or before then.

I talked to one of my people over at ARCA -- she said it's sponsorship.

Sponsorship? Like are they close to getting a title sponsor or are they losing Menards and/or Remax?

RE/MAX is under contract through 2011 as are most of ARCA's sponsors. There will likely be a mass exodus in 2011 though. I don't know if they're losing or close or what -- that's all they could tell me.

I'm also told a lot of people inside ARCA are not real happy with the marketing and promotion of the series. Basically put, the person I talked to said the terrible crowds at Salem and Toledo in the fall were "simply unacceptable".

RE/MAX is under contract through 2011 as are most of ARCA's sponsors. There will likely be a mass exodus in 2011 though. I don't know if they're losing or close or what -- that's all they could tell me.

I'm also told a lot of people inside ARCA are not real happy with the marketing and promotion of the series. Basically put, the person I talked to said the terrible crowds at Salem and Toledo in the fall were "simply unacceptable".

I didn't make it to Salem in the fall, but Toledos crowd was really really awful. I was shocked by how bad it is. Berlin was also very noticeably worse than ever, not as bad as Toledo, but bad. Of course Palm Beach had to be the worst crowd ever.

I didn't make it to Salem in the fall, but Toledos crowd was really really awful. I was shocked by how bad it is. Berlin was also very noticeably worse than ever, not as bad as Toledo, but bad. Of course Palm Beach had to be the worst crowd ever.

I don't know about ever. Rockingham 2009 fall race gave that a run for its money. Cayuga 2008 also sucked.

Back
Top Bottom