ARCA: Stenhouse Vs. Speed

Who was right/wrong/?
They were both obviously in the wrong.

Stenhouse moreso than Speed. I don't care how many excuses they come up with, Stenhouse deliberately wrecked Speed. Stenhouse was working on trying to turn Scott Speed when the Alli Owens caution came out.

Andy, your bias is coming out loud and clear here. Yes, Stenhouse was way over aggressive in his move, but he wasn't penalized for his aggressiveness. Scott Speed on the other hand was tossed from the race for his totally retaliatory move. I would imagine that Speed will be more than penalized by ARCA, which unless Stenhouse did something after the race, probably won't be.

But I see that all of your posts about anything is based on your bias and not your supposedly reporting ability. You are totally wrong about this one sport.

Andy, your bias is coming out loud and clear here. Yes, Stenhouse was way over aggressive in his move, but he wasn't penalized for his aggressiveness. Scott Speed on the other hand was tossed from the race for his totally retaliatory move. I would imagine that Speed will be more than penalized by ARCA, which unless Stenhouse did something after the race, probably won't be.

But I see that all of your posts about anything is based on your bias and not your supposedly reporting ability. You are totally wrong about this one sport.

Stenhouse tried, on more than one occassion, to take Speed out. He was all over Speed and almost wrecked him prior to that. Norm Benning dumped Alli Owens before Stenhouse had the chance to take Scott Speed out then.

A championship shouldn't ever be decided like that.

If Stenhouse hadn't knee-jerked Speed into the wall, Speed wouldn't have taken him out. Scott Speed was just trying to secure the championship and he wouldn't have done that if he was behind Stenhouse battling for 2nd position. Only time Scott Speed wrecks someone out is when somebody takes a first shot at him.

As for Scott Speed, I was mad about his "it's ARCA" comments.

I know Scott Speed has a lot of talent, but that's not the first time he's taken a jab at those other guys. There are a good number of "those ARCA guys" who have enormous talent and just get caught up in other peoples' messes each week. I've lost count as to how many times Alli was on her way to a top 10 finish before she got swept up in somebody else's mess. Pocono, Nashville, Chicago, New Jersey :mad: :mad: I could definently go without those jabs about the talent those other guys have. They're all good people - that's just part of racing.

has the video been posted anywhere yet? i havent got to see the incident

These guys are both gonna be on the same NASCAR track sooner than later. They'd better get it sorted out before then if they want their careers to go anywhere.

These guys are both gonna be on the same NASCAR track sooner than later. They'd better get it sorted out before then if they want their careers to go anywhere.
I'm not so sure.

I just can't help thinking, he was driving for Roush Fenway Racing with the best equipment, biggest sponsors and the best everything in ARCA. With the kind of equipment he had, he should've swept the season and been the undisputed champion by the time they went into New Jersey Motorsports Park.

Or maybe, as I've been saying all along, ARCA Racing is the most competitive national auto racing division around right now. (and they don't need a stupid COT and idiotic tapered spacers to do it:rolleyes:)

Ricky's a good guy, I don't know why he took Speed out the way he did but he is a good guy and I wish him the best of luck.

like kenny said after the race. It was two kids racing for a championship who werent ready to. Say all you want about Speed in f1 and being a vet with driving, but he was a hot head in f1 too. I believe he got fired for a fight with the team manager

like kenny said after the race. It was two kids racing for a championship who werent ready to. Say all you want about Speed in f1 and being a vet with driving, but he was a hot head in f1 too. I believe he got fired for a fight with the team manager
I think any driver that's wrecked out by someone racing them for the championship's going to be hot. Not excusing Speed's retaliation.

As far as ARCA, they did exactly what they needed to do. Speed made it clear that his contact was intentional and ARCA had none of it. Stenhouse's contact was just about as intentional but Stenhouse was smarter about it in not saying he wrecked Speed and blamed it on the rumble strips.

What about the first time he ran into Scott Speed right before Alli wrecked? I guess that's also the racetrack's fault? :rolleyes:

I'm glad Allgeier won, he'll be a great ambassador for ARCA and a great champion. Don't know if I could stomach Speed talking down the smaller ARCA teams and drivers. I like Speed a lot but I'm not a huge fan of how he talks down these other guys who aren't coming in with millions of dollars and going to a big team like ESR. I'm sure even Darrell Basham could win a race in a Roush car as well. :rolleyes:

well he pulls that crap in cup he'll be gone before you know it.

I say let him talk down to the arca teams. He is gonna get a reality check here in feb.

Back
Top Bottom