Are all drivers best friends these days??

I don't watch any pre race stuff, I record the races so I don't see any commercials, IDK and don't care about the drivers personally or give a fig about their personal lives and IDK what race hub is so I can't answer those questions.

I can say that I don't recall an instance where drivers being on friendly terms had any impact on how they raced the race can you? Didn't Carl move his teammate for a win last year?
Yes he did.

I'm not sure I see the problem. From NASCAR, World of Outlaws, down to the local level, these guys race together week in and week out, pit next to each other. They go out drinking together, eat together. I think the problem you are preceiving is due to the never ending glut of coverage compared to the "old days." It used to be that you wouldn't see it just because they didn't show it. You left one week when a couple drivers had issues with each other and basically assumed it carried over forever, because you just didn't see it every single day of the week.

OP has obviously never played a sport. When I played football I was cut throat, get in my face I'd put you on your ass every chance I got the rest of the game. Final whistle blows, shake hands and drink a beer wherever the after party was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP has obviously never played a sport. When I played football I was cut throat, get in my face I'd put you on your ass every chance I got the rest of the game. Final whistle blows, shake hands and drink a beer wherever the after party was.

Played basketball all my life and was all state in high school.. but thanks for assuming and trying tinbring someone down.. most of what I haven stated is what I see and read that's all.. my post was asking a question and getting opinions.. thank you

Played basketball all my life and was all state in high school.. but thanks for assuming and trying tinbring someone down.. most of what I haven stated is what I see and read that's all.. my post was asking a question and getting opinions.. thank you

When I remember playing sports, some of the people I wanted to beat the worst were my best friends. I will tell you our cross town rivals existed because we knew each other and some of the players were our friends. If we got beat by a school from another city we could live with it, but it was devastating to lose to our friends. I don't think that is an uncommon feeling. For some reason I like seeing the camaraderie between the drivers. Don't forget the reaction by everyone on pit road when Dale Sr finally won the Daytona 500.

I think it's the same as it's always been. Off the track is one subject, on the track can be another.

I also like to think it's comparable to when you work with a bunch of people some place... you can try to be easy going with everyone but there's always personalities which are tougher for you to stay on the same page with everyday of the week... little annoying things add up and you always remember then when that person crosses you wrong another time.

... it's gotta be like that with these guys. Over the years I heard a driver or two point out something he hates about another racer in the middle of a race. Then they'll talk at different times after races getting along. Then a season or two later something brings that same feeling and thought back up in another race...

We are all people. While what they do is different, it has to be similar to our days and thoughts through the weeks.

I seem to remember that when Roush had 5 teams Matt Kenseth was getting married and three of the four drivers were invited to the wedding with Carl Edwards being the odd man out due to some rift. When I was in the workplace my main concern was to be effective and I liked being cordial but I did not want to make friends with anyone as if I had a personal relationship with one of my employees then it opened it up for more and I thought it a bad idea.
Anyone who believes Dale was a rock'em sock'em bully everywhere he went just has selective memory bias.

Dale helped a lot of people along the way as well and for those that think he was some on track menace constantly roughing up others.....well.....they are either biased, just plain wrong, have a failing memory or are making an honest mistake.

I'm not sure I see the problem. From NASCAR, World of Outlaws, down to the local level, these guys race together week in and week out, pit next to each other. They go out drinking together, eat together. I think the problem you are preceiving is due to the never ending glut of coverage compared to the "old days." It used to be that you wouldn't see it just because they didn't show it. You left one week when a couple drivers had issues with each other and basically assumed it carried over forever, because you just didn't see it every single day of the week.
This is a really good point !! I' just want opionis im on here to hear others point of views and to give mine

When I remember playing sports, some of the people I wanted to beat the worst were my best friends. I will tell you our cross town rivals existed because we knew each other and some of the players were our friends. If we got beat by a school from another city we could live with it, but it was devastating to lose to our friends. I don't think that is an uncommon feeling. For some reason I like seeing the camaraderie between the drivers. Don't forget the reaction by everyone on pit road when Dale Sr finally won the Daytona 500.
I'm still that way with my friends, when it comes to game night it is cut throat and we smile about it.

well i dont think we will ever see kyle busch and keselowski being friends
Or Harvick and Busch. I do think the animosity between them makes the racing more intense. On the other hand (according to)Rusty Wallace and Dale Earnhardt were best friends off track but very fierce rivals on track.

Or Harvick and Busch. I do think the animosity between them makes the racing more intense. On the other hand (according to)Rusty Wallace and Dale Earnhardt were best friends off track but very fierce rivals on track.
yeah I still don't believe what Rusty said. I liked Rusty on the track, but I'm not too sure I believed everything that came out of his mouth..or the rest of the Wallace's for that matter.:)

well i dont think we will ever see kyle busch and keselowski being friends
Or Kez and Edwards

Some say that Brad Keselowski turned Carl Edwards into the wall on purpose. As most of you remember, the big story in NASCAR then was the rivalry between Keselowski and Edwards. Rivalries are good for NASCAR most of the time, but the rivalry between Keselowski and Edwards wasn’t really good for anyone
At Talladega, Ala., in April 2009, they were both part of a tightly-bunched pack of cars when the two collided. The brush sent Edwards careening into several other cars and into the stands. Seven people in the crowd were injured, and the number might have been higher if not for safety netting around the track.

upload_2017-6-13_14-22-54.jpeg
upload_2017-6-13_14-26-13.jpeg

I think it was DW that said the minute the helmet goes on, everything changes.

And again, the drivers and their families live cheek by jowl almost the entire year -- literally feet apart.
Getting along with your neighbor makes it easier on the families.
You said the "F" word..family. Back in the day drivers were older when they came to cup..I think their wives came once in a while but didn't travel with them because they didn't have the million dollar salaries or million dollar coaches

There is probably some genuine dislike or hate that is suppressed . The corporate dressing usually looks down on that type of thing. They want drivers that are all smiles, and a pure joy.

I dont see Rusty and dale being that good of friends. Dale was sort of the alpha there and knew he could knock rusty around.

In all honestly rusty should have v walked up to Dale after the 95 Bristol race and gave a punch to the jaw

I dont see Rusty and dale being that good of friends. Dale was sort of the alpha there and knew he could knock rusty around.

In all honestly rusty should have v walked up to Dale after the 95 Bristol race and gave a punch to the jaw

Didnt Rusty throw his Ko-Kolher on Dale that night.

Rusty knew he couldn't throw the hands with Dale so he just threw his water bottle like a real man

I like to think of the drivers as the old Looney Tunes cartoon..... Ralph and Sam..... the sheepdog and the coyote...... they clocked in the morning with their lunchpails........ ''Morning Ralph..... Morning Sam''...... they went to work doing their job ....trying to outsmart each other...... 5 O'clock came..... they clocked out...... ''Night Ralph...... Night Sam''...... they both went home friends and left the work behind.......

These guys spend most all their year living in motorhomes next to each other....... why try to let what happens on the track carry over to your personal life?

I am glad that the biggest part of them just let it go and interact graciously with one another.

Life is too short to hold a grudge everytime someone moves you over or doesn't give you the room on the track that you think you deserve........

Stenhouse Jr. first Outlaw win as owner.
Kyle Larson driver.

Its the new generation way of doing things.
Friends,drivers, owners, dating, Sunday competitors.

So your saying u like this too?
Its just the way it seems to be going. What I do like about it is these are future team owners being formed
and hopefully will keep the pipeline filled when the Penske , Roush, and Hendricks of the world
have left the building.

DALE should of whipped rusty ass at dover when he wreck the leaders DALE and Rudd on the restart trying to get his lap back.

Back
Top Bottom