Are my ears clogged?

DW making sense?

earth_exploding.gif

Forgive my ignorance, where did Nationwide/Truck/K&N use to race? I'm assuming by the responses, not the same tracks as the Cup series?

I know at first the Trucks raced a lot of short tracks.
Yeah, I believe the trucks raced almost exclusively on short tracks their first couple of years. As I recall, the Truck prototype was developed at Mesa Marin.

K&N only has a few races at Cup tracks anyway, so I don't get why they mentioned that series

K&N only has a few races at Cup tracks anyway, so I don't get why they mentioned that series

Because K&N is beginning to run at Cup and Nationwide tracks more often. Every year, another short track disappears and another big track appears. Fair, valid observation from Mike and Jaws.

No offense, Andy, but I find it much more fun being a fan than being a critic ;)

Do the trucks go to the road courses?

I would like to see the cup cars go to more, maybe one inside the chase

Just like turning right and left.

I must assume that cup cars arent racing on "real" race tracks either then

Because K&N is beginning to run at Cup and Nationwide tracks more often. Every year, another short track disappears and another big track appears. Fair, valid observation from Mike and Jaws.

Not really, K&N added Watkins Glen this year (although it had been a regular stop for the series since the Busch North days anyway, just fell of the schedule a few years back). Other than that, the last Cup track they added was Richmond in 2011. They had a higher % of Cup tracks on the schedule in 2010 than they do in 2014. K&N series seems fine to me. It's gotten very far away from its roots in the Northeast, but it seems like a true short track series to me.

Forgive my ignorance, where did Nationwide/Truck/K&N use to race? I'm assuming by the responses, not the same tracks as the Cup series?

At first the Truck series was short track only and no pit stops, they had a break in the middle of the race to do any work needed, it was great for small teams, and small tracks that normaly would never have a nascar race. Lots of trucks being towed on open trailers, a small team could really make money back then. I thought it was alot better.

While Nationwide used to have it's own identity, it's now nothing more than Cup Lite. The trucks are slightly better off in that sense, but need to stay the course and stop the drift towards being just another Cup Lite series.

Back
Top Bottom