Are NASCAR penalties determined by Reddit and X (Twitter)?

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Dale Jr nailed it in this:

NASCAR said they were reviewing the Bubba Wallace/Alex Bowman incident essentially because of social media outrage.

Bubba Wallace would not have been suspended a couple years ago if he was white and there wasn't so much racially-driven social media outrage. In turn, Chase Elliott would not have been suspended.

There have been SO MANY incidents this year with inconsistencies.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. is issued one of the harshest penalties in years for punching Kyle Busch. A penalty that was equivalent to blatant cheating. Why? Because Kyle Busch became Mr. Popular once he started driving a Chevy.

Carson Hocevar has repeatedly, REPEATEDLY, used his car as a weapon for retaliation or wrecking people for funsies. But that's okay to do because ... well, the media LOVES Carson Hocevar. The dude should've been parked on the spot, or suspended the next race. Instead, it's a fine.

Corey Lajoie wrecks Kyle Busch on purpose, done it intentionally, and no penalty ... but NASCAR's going to "talk" with him. No penalty, why? Because Reddit thinks he's NASCAR Jesus?

Bubba was penalized for the Chicago incident because of social media outrage. There's no other way to put it. Chase Elliott's done the same thing Bubba Wallace did to Alex Bowman and that was quintessential short track racing. Bubba was penalized because Alex Bowman took off his safety equipment and put his window net down, which is itself a violation of safety rules/protocol.

The length of time between the incident and retaliation? LOL more BS.

Sawyer has like three different excuses, all of which are bull, because they felt like they had to penalize Bubba and NOT penalize Chase ... BECAUSE OF SOCIAL MEDIA REACTION.

Lets not forget the time Kevin Harvick was penalized for that window because of Reddit and Twitter.

Or the time they penalized Martin Truex, Jr. over the Richmond fiasco, but did not penalize the super popular driver who was responsible. (I know they did, but that penalty was literally negated by the playoff reset, so, for all intents and purposes, there was NO penalty for Clint Bowyer. AND THEN THEY ADDED JEFF GORDON INTO THE PLAYOFF AS A 13TH DRIVER!!!

I've seen enough to honestly say, I am 100% convinced who gets penalized for what is based entirely on social media.

Lol I hate that I get mixed into the Reddit crowd cus I like Corey…I’ve literally never even been on Reddit!!

NASCAR said they were reviewing the Bubba Wallace/Alex Bowman incident essentially because of social media outrage.

Bubba Wallace would not have been suspended a couple years ago if he was white and there wasn't so much racially-driven social media outrage. In turn, Chase Elliott would not have been suspended.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. is issued one of the harshest penalties in years for punching Kyle Busch. A penalty that was equivalent to blatant cheating. Why? Because Kyle Busch became Mr. Popular once he started driving a Chevy.

Carson Hocevar has repeatedly, REPEATEDLY, used his car as a weapon for retaliation or wrecking people for funsies. But that's okay to do because ... well, the media LOVES Carson Hocevar. The dude should've been parked on the spot, or suspended the next race. Instead, it's a fine.

Corey Lajoie wrecks Kyle Busch on purpose, done it intentionally, and no penalty ... but NASCAR's going to "talk" with him. No penalty, why? Because Reddit thinks he's NASCAR Jesus?

Bubba was penalized for the Chicago incident because of social media outrage. There's no other way to put it. Chase Elliott's done the same thing Bubba Wallace did to Alex Bowman and that was quintessential short track racing. Bubba was penalized because Alex Bowman took off his safety equipment and put his window net down, which is itself a violation of safety rules/protocol.

Sawyer has like three different excuses, all of which are bull, because they felt like they had to penalize Bubba and NOT penalize Chase ... BECAUSE OF SOCIAL MEDIA REACTION.

Lets not forget the time Kevin Harvick was penalized for that window because of Reddit and Twitter.

Or the time they penalized Martin Truex, Jr. over the Richmond fiasco, but did not penalize the super popular driver who was responsible. (I know they did, but that penalty was literally negated by the playoff reset, so, for all intents and purposes, there was NO penalty for Clint Bowyer. AND THEN THEY ADDED JEFF GORDON INTO THE PLAYOFF AS A 13TH DRIVER!!!

I've seen enough to honestly say, I am 100% convinced who gets penalized for what is based entirely on social media.

I have said for years that NASCAR has no ****** clue how to interpret what they get from social media. None. For God's sake, who doesn't quote Gluck and his "Was it a good race?" poll without any operation definition for what constitutes a "good race." Why, because there isn't one....so who the hell knows...but NASCAR reacts to it for sure. We have marginalized the most important part of this sport--the cars and OEMs in favor of lifestyle stories about the drivers. Why? Because that is all the keyboard warriors can ingest.

I have said for years that NASCAR has no ****** clue how to interpret what they get from social media. None. For God's sake, who doesn't quote Gluck and his "Was it a good race?" poll without any operation definition for what constitutes a "good race." Why, because there isn't one....so who the hell knows...but NASCAR reacts to it for sure. We have marginalized the most important part of this sport--the cars and OEMs in favor of lifestyle stories about the drivers. Why? Because that is all the keyboard warriors can ingest.

The majority of fans responding to Gluck's poll enjoyed Crashville.

The quality of the racing doesn't matter as long as we get "Chaos."

I have said for years that NASCAR has no ****** clue how to interpret what they get from social media. None.
The only people who can are content creators (and their support teams) who churn out videos or podcasts depending on the trends their analytics tell them are getting views. Then again, they're just making stuff to meet a market need, not trying to decipher right from wrong. Imagine trying to run a sport by asking 4Channers what to do.

Industry insiders and drivers like Dale Jr. and Chase Briscoe regularly post on Reddit and Reddit mods are/were given press passes (). The closeness of the industry to the NASCAR subreddit is pretty weird.

So nice to have Dale take a HARD stance on this. We need more of this kind of brutal honesty and less ass kissing in and around this sport.

There is no doubt in my mind this has been going on for about 10 years now. Jeff Gordon doesn’t get added to the playoffs in 2013 without Twitter outrage. Harvick doesn’t get “encumbered” at Vegas in 2018 without Reddit outrage. All we have to do is fans now is get a movement going online for penalties to be issued

Are you new to NASCAR? NASCAR penalizes who they want to for whatever reason they want and doesn't penalize who they want for what ever reason they want. It's been the same since I started watching NASCAR in the 80s. NASCAR is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship and always has been and they have always done as they wanted and always will.

Bubba's and Carson's actions were under caution or after the race was over, thus a big fine. Lajoie's was part of the action, even it looked intentional. I think NASCAR has been fairly consistent with this, at least for this season.

Are you new to NASCAR? NASCAR penalizes who they want to for whatever reason they want and doesn't penalize who they want for what ever reason they want. It's been the same since I started watching NASCAR in the 80s. NASCAR is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship and always has been and they have always done as they wanted and always will.
Bingo, they are bigger than Dale Jr or Denny Hamlin or whatever "influencer" comes along. Some of us who have been around awhile don't get all twisted up over the constant speed bumps. It's could be as simple as they like Cory. If they don't like ya, YOU have the problem, not them. Depends on how they are feeling that day will work also. Watch the races, enjoy them. If that means whining at every little thing is your enjoyment, get on with it. It's not changing, nobody is selling Nascar.

Agreed.

I still remember the '95 Bristol night race like it was yesterday. Dale spins Rusty early in the race, gets the black flag during the caution (that he caused) and sent to the rear. A few laps later, Bobby Hamilton spins Brett Bodine, and gets held on pit road for 5 laps. I remember Robbie Loomis going off about it. There has never been any consistency, that's just the way it is

I like it right here in our little 600 member corner of The Intergoogle.

I can’t recall ever having been influenced by an “influencer”.

This forum is so much better than the cesspools that are Reddit and X.

The wankiest wankers of wankerism on here don't come close to how wanky those two ****holes apps are.

I doubt Twitter or Riddit or R-F has Nascar influencing decisions for them. Twitter and Reddit are in a bulletin board format, very little if any discussion will stay on topic compared to R-F which is a true discussion forum.
Posters here at R-F better be prepared and have all of their ducks in a row, because B.S. gets called if they don't.
Reddit and Twitter posts are lost quickly and forgotten. Not around here, R-F is much more organized and we keep it that way mostly. They have off topic thread benders galore on the other two and very little in depth topical discussions. It's neither good or bad but who likes what format.
1. Twitter and Reddit are much more popular the R-F is, does that make them better? I believe that for me, R-F is much more in-depth and I could care less which one is more popular.
2. You have to be vetted and persistent to become a member here and even then, the mods are looking for abnormal or what is your angle behavior.
They have celebrities at Reddit, why not here at R-F.? I believe the reason they don't come here is again, they had better have their ducks in a row or we will tear them a new one.

NASCAR officiating has always been wildly inconsistent in my opinion and I’ve been a fan for many years. One driver will get 50k fine and a 25 point deduction for an incident and another driver will do the same thing and get nothing. Right or wrong it’s just the way it is so if consistency is important to you Nascar may not be right for you.

I know squat about social media but I hope NASCAR isn’t using it as a method to determine discipline.

I'm pretty sure if they asked Nascar if they thought they were fair and if they would answer, they would say they are fair, it's the over emotional fans that aren't. They wouldn't say that though because they aren't in the running off fans business although many fans would not believe that either.

Ehhhh I feel like bubba getting suspended wasn’t as much social media outrage/being black as much as it as we were seeing drivers drop like flies in the beginning of the Gen7 because of concussions. Getting out and then trying to fight Kyle who obviously wanted nothing to do with it was also BS.Turning someone head on into the wall at 180 at a 1.5er isn’t excusable in any sense, thus chase 100% deserved to get suspended for hooking Denny.

I could’ve gone either way on bubba getting fined, i think it’s a chicken chit move to handle disagreements by wrecking race cars after the checkers have flown. But whatever they did to bubba (penalty or no penalty), but didn’t do to chase last weekend is BS and I say that as a fan of neither.

As far as Lajoie goes, he didn’t right hook Kyle into the fence and that’s why I don’t think a fine is necessary. Drivers have been wrecking other drivers since the inception of cars going around in a circle.

Andy, if someone wrecks somebody after the yellow at new river, do track officials take action? Genuine question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehhhh I feel like bubba getting suspended wasn’t as much social media outrage/being black as much as it as we were seeing drivers drop like flies in the beginning of the Gen7 because of concussions. Getting out and then trying to fight Kyle who obviously wanted nothing to do with it was also BS.Turning someone head on into the wall at 180 at a 1.5er isn’t excusable in any sense, thus chase 100% deserved to get suspended for hooking Denny.

I could’ve gone either way on bubba getting fined, i think it’s a chicken chit move to handle disagreements by wrecking race cars after the checkers have flown. But whatever they did to bubba (penalty or no penalty), but didn’t do to chase last weekend is BS and I say that as a fan of neither.

As far as Lajoie goes, he didn’t right hook Kyle into the fence and that’s why I don’t think a fine is necessary. Drivers have been wrecking other drivers since the inception of cars going around in a circle.

Andy, if someone wrecks somebody after the yellow at new river, do track officials take action? Genuine question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kyle Busch did end up in the fence BTW. :idunno:

Industry insiders and drivers like Dale Jr. and Chase Briscoe regularly post on Reddit and Reddit mods are/were given press passes (). The closeness of the industry to the NASCAR subreddit is pretty weird.

Wait. What? Were are the RF mod passes?

The only people who can are content creators (and their support teams) who churn out videos or podcasts depending on the trends their analytics tell them are getting views. Then again, they're just making stuff to meet a market need, not trying to decipher right from wrong. Imagine trying to run a sport by asking 4Channers what to do.
But it doesn't keep NASCAR from trying, and that is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom