Are you reading any good books?

paul

Team Owner
I'm reading Tom Clancy's "Red Rabbit". Pretty good book if you like spy novels and stuff like that.

It the first of his work that I've read.

Not at the moment Paul.

The first Clancy for you? If you like it you need to read all of his. I've read all but the last two he's written. But they are on my list.:) My two favorites: "Sum of All Fears" and "Without Remorse". Good reading.:D

It's great reading! I've seen the movies and never really thought much about them. This book is fantastic, the characters are very rich.

Clancy's books are a little hard to get into sometimes.......he spends a lot of time setting the scene. When you get to meat of the book, you'll probably be thumbing back to the first part to refresh your memory. Pay attention to the details early!!:) I love his books.

DEW, you nailed it. It's taken him about 250 pages to get this one moving. And I've had to go back to the start to get names in order.

I haven't read the one you have, but if you've been reading him for any length of time you will probably "know" some of the characters. Many are characters from previous books in a new, continuing role. Now, you've got me ready to go to Barnes and Noble!:D

Originally posted by paul
Yeah, Jack Ryan is the main character in most of his books right?

Yep........from the very first "Red October".:)

I was reading a book about the life of a con-artist but I'm about to pick up my Lord of the Rings trilogy again. It's about time for another time through before the new movie comes out.:myob:

Haven't read Clancy in awhile...

Yes..."Sum of All Fears" was great...

For something a little more "adventurous" check out

A Feast of Snakes by Harry Crews :fro:

Currently reading "Factotum" by Charles Bukowski

Paul, your first Clancy book? I've read all the Jack Ryan books over and over. Love them.

Just finished "...And the Ladies of the Club" --- a mere 1300 pages. It follows the lives of several women from the founding of their club in 1868, to the death of the last charter member in 1938.

I'm picking up The Stand for the third time as soon as I get some free time to read. King and Appalachian history/folklore is about all I ever read. I'm sooooooo shallow.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
I'm picking up The Stand for the third time as soon as I get some free time to read.  King and Appalachian history/folklore is about all I ever read.  I'm sooooooo shallow.
don't feel bad TN...I am a King fan also..used to buy every single book he wrote that came out, but haven't read any of the newer ones

Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Patterson, Michael Crighton, John Grisham, Patricia Cornwell, and on and on. I did read EVERY book by Fleming (007), James Michner and Earl Stanley Gardner.

I can't get into Clancy because if a book doesn't catch me in the first couple of chapters, I put it down.

just reading a very good book on the net called Racing-Fourms orter then that i am not reading anything :p

Paul. in my eng II class i did a report on clancy. what i have read is a damn good writer.

im reaDIng jane eyer, its okay it has its good parts and boring parts its for my AP lit class

Originally posted by B.C. - 24
I was reading a book about the life of a con-artist but I'm about to pick up my Lord of the Rings trilogy again.  It's about time for another time through before the new movie comes out.:myob:
Yeph I need to get mine out and start on them again. It has been about a year and a half . Work on them before the movie.

Douglas Adams' The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy, pretty funny stuff.

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady
Kat, try Clancy's Rainbow Six.  It will grab you right from the beginning.
Thanks TRL, I'll check it out the next time I go to the Library.

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Back
Top Bottom