Asphalt Sprints

Yogisd1

Resident Retard
I went to a winged sprint car race in Madera Ca. last night. It was as cold as all get out, (at least for California) but the racing was hot. A 1/3rd mile asphalt track with plenty of room to pass. I had been waiting since last December for these races, and was not disappointed. Twenty four of the best drivers from the U.S. and Canada took to the track for a forty lap main event. They didn't mess around either. It went flag to flag with no yellows in 8:53. I haven't seen that kind of action in years. A three hour trip one way, and I loved it so much, I'm going to the Bakersfield Ca. show tomorrow. It's a half mile paved track only a year or two old. (Four hours one way for me) They also had super modifieds and midgets too. All that for twenty dollars, you just can't beat it. Tomorrow is the last of a six race series. (Three out here and three in the midwest.) I can't wait to see who wins it all. They are supposed to be adding more races for next year. I sure hope so.

I saw a quick snippet of qualifying for one of the supers yesterday, and one for the sprints. Awesome stuff.

Back
Top Bottom