Atlanta Motor Speedway 2022 update

Tbh especially watching the Xfinity race the track looked particularly narrow in the turns for pack style racing, IMO. To me while it was basically pack racing it did make it have somewhat of a different feel, but not sure exactly what I would call it.

That being said, are we all agreed that tomorrow with the Next Gen cars will be another full on plate/pack style race, even on long runs etc?

Will it be "anybody's race" on the level of Daytona and Talladega etc, or will we see more of the "normal" players up front?

Tbh especially watching the Xfinity race the track looked particularly narrow in the turns for pack style racing, IMO. To me while it was basically pack racing it did make it have somewhat of a different feel, but not sure exactly what I would call it.

That being said, are we all agreed that tomorrow with the Next Gen cars will be another full on plate/pack style race, even on long runs etc?

Will it be "anybody's race" on the level of Daytona and Talladega etc, or will we see more of the "normal" players up front?

Also as far as people wanting more HP etc, with all of the safety measures today, I'm not sure that if the people running things now were in charge back then, that the speeds would have been allowed to be so high even with last repave in 97, so I just don't see it happening no matter how good the racing could be. Especially after Snider's Xfinity wreck already this year

Also as far as people wanting more HP etc, with all of the safety measures today, I'm not sure that if the people running things now were in charge back then, that the speeds would have been allowed to be so high even with last repave in 97, so I just don't see it happening no matter how good the racing could be. Especially after Snider's Xfinity wreck already this year

Really I thought Charlotte was 24°?

are we all agreed that tomorrow with the Next Gen cars will be another full on plate/pack style race, even on long runs etc?
Yes. I don't regard that as a good thing, but that was SMI's (questionable) goal and they appear to have accomplished it.

NASCAR has been extremely lucky & luck isn't a great business plan. At some point they WILL get a big enough piece of these cars (engine most likely) into the stands. What happens with the lawyers after that is the question.

NASCAR has been extremely lucky & luck isn't a great business plan. At some point they WILL get a big enough piece of these cars (engine most likely) into the stands. What happens with the lawyers after that is the question.
So you’re saying The business plan has been... duck if you see parts flying at you.

That's exactly why I say there's no way they will add HP here.

That's exactly why I say there's no way they will add HP here.
I can't say that for sure myself. I think the HP/speed settings they had for this first race could have been conservative. They could trim the spoiler without changing anything else and get more speed out of the car, wouldn't cost nothing to do that if they wanted to see more speed. Tell ya what though, they had the Trucks and the Xfinities within a mile or two from each other and had the cup cars set about 4 MPH faster. I was impressed that they could do that, that didn't just happen by itself.

I know opinions a far and wide about the new track config
but what we have now is a track where drivers better come here focused
and up on the wheel every lap. No more 3 lanes of cruise control in
between restarts. IMO the fans are mostly excited for the new type
of racing now in Atlanta and will be filling the seats more so in the coming races.
Already looking forward to the July race which will only be 400 miles.

Back
Top Bottom