Atlanta Motor Speedway 2022 update

Any words on the speeds they’ve ran so far
Looks like about 60

O’Donnell indicated that the track’s characteristics and the expected increase in speeds are likely to prompt competition officials to use the superspeedway rules package reserved for the series’ fastest ovals, a short list that includes Daytona (2.5 miles) and Talladega (2.66 miles).

Looks like about 60

O’Donnell indicated that the track’s characteristics and the expected increase in speeds are likely to prompt competition officials to use the superspeedway rules package reserved for the series’ fastest ovals, a short list that includes Daytona (2.5 miles) and Talladega (2.66 miles).

I’m talking about in the race cars man come on lol not what Kurt did in a pace car

Yeah, I scrapped my Atlanta Saturday doubleheader plans.
Gas prices knocked me out of the budget. Oh well , its Sebring
weekend so it will be busy managing streams and feeds.

Atlanta is going to be a plate race. Weren't the 4 of them we had enough?
I think it will be similar to an Indy 500 with a single file freight train 1-40 and slingshot/tandem passes on the backstretch.

What an absolute heartbreaker.

Atlanta transforms from the quintessential Mile and a half, of off throttle time, tire wear and handling...to a plate race.

First race of the season I won't be looking forward to, and will just want to move on from

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Atlanta transforms from the quintessential Mile and a half, of off throttle time, tire wear and handling...to a plate race.

First race of the season I won't be looking forward to, and will just want to move on from

It was horrible timing but it may have been an even bigger wreck fest than California. This may end up being a fantastic race and it better be because everyone's expectations are sky high

THe

The real heartbreaker was changing it to another tri-oval in the first place, now it's even worse. :(

I said the same thing about 2 road course a year, but here we are

Road America is a great road course, Charlotte Roval is awesome. COTA had an awesome crowd. Only road course that needs to go is Indianapolis road course needs moved to IRP or back to the Brickyard 400.

IRP would seriously be a great short track but it doesn’t cater to the wine & cheese crowd so it never gets any thought of being accepted onto the schedule.

I’m just not looking forward to this weekend personally. Sure a repave was inevitable but progressive banked 22-25 degrees or 22-24 degree track would have helped the racing more.

Absolutely looking forward to this race and how it plays out. We'll see you next week.

Broken heart and all
I dont know why people dont give it a chance before bad mouthing it. I dont really think it will race exactly like a "plate" race. You have a mile less track, a dogleg to roll through, its much narrower and I dont think the cars are gonna be able to push all the way around. I might be wrong, but I damn sure will be watching.

I dont know why people dont give it a chance before bad mouthing it. I dont really think it will race exactly like a "plate" race. You have a mile less track, a dogleg to roll through, its much narrower and I dont think the cars are gonna be able to push all the way around. I might be wrong, but I damn sure will be watching.
I'm picturing something closer to what xfinity ran at indy the last couple oval trips

Well the R-F experts bad mouthed Phoenix because it became too parade like for some of them, so they switch 180 the next week and pan a race that hasn't happened because it could be a race where they race close together. Anybody seeing a pattern here? :dunce:

Off throttle racing > 550 racing > plate racing (not much difference in 550 racing & plate racing from a drivers perspective though)

Why couldn’t have they just made it progressively banked (22/23-25 degrees) track like Las Vegas (17-20) & Homestead-Miami (18-20) if they’re so worried about the aging of the pavement and it being one groove? Why does it need rebanked from 24 to 28?

Atlanta was always known as a drivers track and now it’s not.

Off throttle racing > 550 racing > plate racing (not much difference in 550 racing & plate racing from a drivers perspective though)

Why couldn’t have they just made it progressively banked (22/23-25 degrees) track like Las Vegas (17-20) & Homestead-Miami (18-20) if they’re so worried about the aging of the pavement and it being one groove? Why does it need rebanked from 24 to 28?
Because the people with the money decided it would be best ;)

Atlanta was always known as a drivers track and now it’s not.
You havent seen one competitive lap turned on it yet you can say that?

Back
Top Bottom