Atlanta Pre-Race Thread

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1708425747986.jpeg

Good for BJ McLeod 78 to show up. Hope he can enter more races as an open car. Wish the 60 RFK & 62 Beard Oil would enter.

I’m guessing NASCAR doesn’t care much about giving open cars more $$$ in the new TV deal.

Good for BJ McLeod 78 to show up. Hope he can enter more races as an open car. Wish the 60 RFK & 62 Beard Oil would enter.

I’m guessing NASCAR doesn’t care much about giving open cars more $$$ in the new TV deal.
They purposely keep the open car money low to ensure they won't make a profit. That's the only way you give value to a charter

The 48 team will be rolling into Atlanta #2 in the points. Hopefully they can rollout of Atlanta #1 in the points. :punkrocke

Atlanta has the potential to race like old Daytona with more track aging, once tire wear gets into play more I think you'll see the draft break up regularly. Kind of like a Superspeedway/1.5 mile hybrid. I thought the 2 races there last year were pretty good, especially the second one.

I liked the track better with high horsepower and lower downforce so they drivers struggled with getting the throttle down coming off the turns.
We haven't had that anywhere for almost a decade.

I remember Brad K saying that you couldnt even run wide open on the straights are Martinsville.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

We haven't had that anywhere for almost a decade.

I remember Brad K saying that you couldnt even run wide open on the straights are Martinsville.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Can you imagine how fast one of the twisted sisters would’ve been around this new Atlanta with fresh pavement and higher banking… would’ve been nuts. 200 average probably.

I hate plate racing less at the beginning of the season, mainly because I’m still in a good mood that we’re racing again. Heck, they could pile all 6 on us in the first six weeks and I probably wouldn’t complain.

I think there should be 6 (7?) plate races a season: -

- Clash @ Daytona (Saturday before Super Bowl, 30 laps)
- Duels @ Daytona
- Daytona 500
- Talladega 500
- Firecracker 400 @ Daytona
- Atlanta 500 regular season finale
- Talladega Playoff 500

I think there should be 6 (7?) plate races a season: -

- Clash @ Daytona (Saturday before Super Bowl, 30 laps)
- Duels @ Daytona
- Daytona 500
- Talladega 500
- Firecracker 400 @ Daytona
- Atlanta 500 regular season finale
- Talladega Playoff 500
There already are 6 plate races a season.

Heck, they could pile all 6 on us in the first six weeks and I probably wouldn’t complain.
Sometimes I wish they would. Then I could ignore NASCAR until late March or early April when the 'real' season would start. NASCAR could then lump all the road courses together so other RF members could tune out for a while.

Sometimes I wish they would. Then I could ignore NASCAR until late March or early April when the 'real' season would start. NASCAR could then lump all the road courses together so other RF members could tune out for a while.
Oh pretty sure you could find more to complain about. It's easy.

I know it is a stretch for you to stay anywhere close to on topic in a thread. ^^ this is posted in the Truck thread.
I wonder if everything for all series for the weekend's races should be posted in one thread, instead of a thread for the Cup weekend and lumping everything for other two series for the entire year in their 'News' discussions. Grouping by weekend instead of series might be easier to update (post the entry lists and schedules in one post instead of three) and to keep up with.

Just a random thought. Definitely not at the level of a complaint ;)

I wonder if everything for all series for the weekend's races should be posted in one thread, instead of a thread for the Cup weekend and lumping everything for other two series for the entire year in their 'News' discussions. Grouping by weekend instead of series might be easier to update (post the entry lists and schedules in one post instead of three) and to keep up with.

Just a random thought. Definitely not at the level of a complaint ;)
Well as it stands. We have posters with their own agenda conscientiously or unconsciously that can't stay close to on topic in a racing thread. So in an attempt for some sanity, splitting up the series into separate threads some readers know when they go to the for example the truck thread know that truck topics will be posted and not some nonsense about schedules, or moving tracks, or stick n ball. or a race some where's else in another time and space in the Twilight Zone.

Yeah, I'm not complaining or unhappy about how others choose to post useful content. It's mostly a leftover from my network admin days, wondering if there are ways to improve data processes. I'm grateful to you and the others who keep the rest of us in the loop every weekend!

Yeah, I'm not complaining or unhappy about how others choose to post useful content. It's mostly a leftover from my network admin days, wondering if there are ways to improve data processes. I'm grateful to you and the others who keep the rest of us in the loop every weekend!
Well, I am complaining about it. Nothing super serious, but it gets really loosey goosey during the off season and it's never close to being perfect, but something all of us should be aware of that now that the season is started to take a little time posting our latest brainstorms in the closest to on topic thread, not just flop it in to where ever, one thread fits all.

Well if I may, I don’t think I would have known Kyle Busch would be racing this weekend in the truck series if it wasn’t posted here. That’s probably on me for not wandering into the trucks or Xfinity threads but frankly I find your Pre Race Cup threads a nice catch all for things going on in NASCAR that particular weekend at whatever track the circuit is at. I tried doing the Pre Race thread for a bit a few years ago, it’s really time consuming and gotta keep up with, which kudos to you…you keep updated and ready to go for next week’s race since you started doing it. But I’m not sure I find it harmful to the thread if someone posts in the Cup Pre Race if a Cup driver is racing in the lower series at the same track that weekend. Where I have a problem is if Truck or Xfinity banter that have nothing to do with such Cup race and that begins to take over, then things get muddled real quick.

Well if I may, I don’t think I would have known Kyle Busch would be racing this weekend in the truck series if it wasn’t posted here. That’s probably on me for not wandering into the trucks or Xfinity threads but frankly I find your Pre Race Cup threads a nice catch all for things going on in NASCAR that particular weekend at whatever track the circuit is at. I tried doing the Pre Race thread for a bit a few years ago, it’s really time consuming and gotta keep up with, which kudos to you…you keep updated and ready to go for next week’s race since you started doing it. But I’m not sure I find it harmful to the thread if someone posts in the Cup Pre Race if a Cup driver is racing in the lower series at the same track that weekend. Where I have a problem is if Truck or Xfinity banter that have nothing to do with such Cup race and that begins to take over, then things get muddled real quick.
The Truck and Xfinity threads are usually close to the top along with the Cup pre-race threads. If they aren't I bump them up with something so they are. Nothing is perfect for everybody, but it's a good idea to check in with all three threads when all of the series are running the same weekend.

All of us might not have the time to read all messages in each thread. I generally come on around noon and read what I can. I don't really mind if some posts are duplicated.

All of us might not have the time to read all messages in each thread. I generally come on around noon and read what I can. I don't really mind if some posts are duplicated.
It's hard to be on here all day, I try to check when I can but I just thought the Pre Race Thread is very convenient as I sometimes dont make it to other threads unfortunately.

And as you can see, this thread is immediately clogged with off topic and frivolous posts. If you want to find out about the Trucks or Xfinity, who is racing in them or what time the race starts, it takes seconds. ;)

Back
Top Bottom