Atlanta RACE thread

Come on Kevin. Stop throwing your crew under the bus. They didnt lose you the race. Ugh.
Harvick blew it when he won the pole and picked that 1st pit space, that's what cost him the race, not his pit crew.

She CAN drive. We will see more of it
I think Danica is finally getting the hang of it. I think next year she may have a chance for a win.

Last edited:
glad ta see kasey finally got his sprint car cojones back .......on both restarts.
as usual ...cool calm matt is in chase again.....w/ his finish.

good race ...great finish.

#4 pit crew just got thrown under the bus...for good reason!

I'm not so sure. Anybody know what their times looked like? The 11 was sub 12 sec. Wasn't so much they were bad, they just got beat. JGR pit crews have no peer.

I'm not so sure. Anybody know what their times looked like? The 11 was sub 12 sec. Wasn't so much they were bad, they just got beat. JGR pit crews have no peer.
I'd say HMS teams were the best but the second to last #48 stop was awful. Johnson dropped six places.

glad ta see kasey finally got his sprint car cojones back .......on both restarts.
as usual ...cool calm matt is in chase again.....w/ his finish.

good race ...great finish.
I think Matt might have done better if he had 2 not 4 tires on the last stop.

WHAT THE **** WAS MENARD DOING? ******* DUMB ****.

That's a head scratcher for sure. He was on old tires, gets a bad restart, and blocks the hell out of the car that dominated all night until he wrecks him.

Looks like Menard doesn't respect Harvick at all.
weren't they teammates in another life?

That's a head scratcher for sure. He was on old tires, gets a bad restart, and blocks the hell out of the car that dominated all night until he wrecks him.

Looks like Menard doesn't respect Harvick at all.
weren't they teammates in another life?

I don't know either of them personally but I don't see them getting along all that well as teammates.

It'll even out next week. Rick Hendrick was probably on the phone last night ordering a hundred of those super duper impact guns that JGR was using.

Last edited:
Lots of throttle, not a lot of lifting. #goodDanica

You make a good point. Momentum type tracks--they way indycar was when she drove especially at the 1.5 milers. I DEARLY want her to win on a roadcourse though. Make it happen Patrick!

It'll even out next week. Rick Hendrick was probably on the phone last night ordering a hundred of those super duper guns that JGR was using.
Those impacts the 11 team used that night were SCREAMING fast, they definitely had something nobody else had. I bet almost every team will have them by Richmond though.

Those impacts the 11 team used that night were SCREAMING fast, they definitely had something nobody else had. I bet almost every team will have them by Richmond though.

I remember seeing a story awhile back that the air gun was one of the only things that each crew member is resposible for their own for. The rest of the tools are moved in bulk. Reminds me of a warrior looking after their weapon of choice. Won't let anyone else touch it.

It's odd that all the JGR teams didn't have them...well, maybe it isn't, I don't know. lol

Haters have hated since 2003. That's why the Chase exists. But as long as points matter, Matt Kenseth will matter. He's the Brett Favre of NASCAR. He'll be there.

Matt is a better driver than Favre was a quarterback

It'll even out next week. Rick Hendrick was probably on the phone last night ordering a hundred of those super duper impact guns that JGR was using.

I really don't know, but I was thinking those are personally rebuilt or customized and massaged by the teams. I am not sure the speed can be purchased from the shelf.

...I think Danica is finally getting the hang of it...

It might sound backwards to some but I think the fact that Danica was willing to say something like "I suck at Richmond" in her interview, actually shows that she is gaining confidence. In my experience, those who are willing to be self-depreciating occasionally are usually more confident than those who are always on the defensive.

It might sound backwards to some but I think the fact that Danica was willing to say something like "I suck at Richmond" in her interview, actually shows that she is gaining confidence. In my experience, those who are willing to be self-depreciating occasionally are usually more confident than those who are always on the defensive.

Did not think of that Tony, but thanks for the insight.

I can picture it now...on a ship..."Yes masterchief! I know screwed the pooch on that drill. Its not gonna happen again"

Hmmm....just Richmond, Danica? lol

In related news, Stenhouse can't wait 'til Richmond.

Good race, Menard is a dumbass, Danica finally gets close to the front through attrition only, Kyle B. was himself and his own worst enemy, just ask Tony, Hendricks engines have what I think is more torque at an earlier RPM than anyone else, Matt was great, just needed a tick more torque, Kevin Harvick got robbed, (WTF Jeff Gordon?), Kyle Larson done good!

Great win for Kasey out of nowhere, hope its like 2011 where he missed the chase but went on a tear in the last 10. Also nice to beat Kenseth Kasey is always 2nd to him.

Back
Top Bottom