Austin Dillon Appreciation Thread

This !!!! This is what caught my attention big time after the race.
Just a wild guess but I am thinking $50,000 - $100,000 for those shenanigans.
If it were my decision he would be writing a $500,000 check. When teams,
family members , sponsors , officials have been put at risk and fearing for their
lives , it is a million times worse than what AD did on the track.
Yeah, everybody else was moving slowly against the outside wall, and then here comes Logano. He knows better than that.

Joey and Danny should just try to forget about Austin Dillon. Slowing down to mix it up with the squirrels is counterproductive.

Dillon hasn't caused any problems while getting lapped, so just put another one on him and enjoy him knowing he is a backmarker. Ignore him as if he doesn't exist and let his mediocre performance marinate without any needed assistance. It will also give Pop Pop more time to see that his grandsons just don't have it to the tune of a miserable constant drip. The sound of a single drip isn't a horrible thing, but it is constant or at least almost always there, rarely stopping for a good race.

Stay focused on running up front, knowing that success is the best revenge.

Nascar is cool with teams, fans, and family storming pit road while cars are rolling. This is a ****** joke and it falls on NASCAR.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
1000001231.gif

Storming lol, Oh the dama.
When cars are rolling nascar officials need to stay on the wall, if they don't then before logano they may have a great fall, then all the pit men couldn't put races together no more.

Is that what he did? Please excuse my confusion; I've never before seen someone stand up to bullies from behind them.
Dillion has done an excellent job of stating his case. I doubt you have read or heard any of it because you say you don't do those things.
Dillion said he didn't see Hamlin until he came by on the left, Dillon was going for the shortest distance to the finish line. That might not be considered standing up to the bullies, but he didn't crawl into a hole like Logano has done. Logano is for sure getting a penalty for idiot on pit road.

Dillion has done an excellent job of stating his case. I doubt you have read or heard any of it because you say you don't do those things.
Dillion said he didn't see Hamlin until he came by on the left, Dillon was going for the shortest distance to the finish line. That might not be considered standing up to the bullies, but he didn't crawl into a hole like Logano has done. Logano is for sure getting a penalty for idiot on pit road.
I've tried to avoid passing judgement on Dillon's actions, and Logano's pit road stunt is inexcusable. I was criticizing only the interpretation of Dillon's actions as 'standing up to bullies'.

I've tried to avoid passing judgement on Dillon's actions, and Logano's pit road stunt is inexcusable. I was criticizing only the interpretation of Dillon's actions as 'standing up to bullies'.
I guess it is on the interpretation. If you don't think stating his case on JR's show and on twitter isn't standing up to bullies instead of digging a hole like Logano has after he popped off on pit road, so be it. I think he has done a good job on most of it. Kinda hard to defend his bird brained spotter yelling wreck him wreck him on the radio for all to hear, I don't think that helped anybodies case on the Dillon side. Pop pop or Austin.

If you don't think stating his case on JR's show and on twitter isn't standing up to bullies instead of digging a hole like Logano has after he popped off on pit road, so be it.
Ah, as you noted, I don't catch podcasts. However, the 'stand up' comment that started this discussion is dated around 1am Monday morning, after the race and well before any podcasts were recorded or released.

Ah, as you noted, I don't catch podcasts. However, the 'stand up' comment that started this discussion is dated around 1am Monday morning, after the race and well before any podcasts were recorded or released.
Then that would have been about Dillon's driving, I can't fault that statement either, both Logano and Hamlin are notorious bullies on the track. They are Boo one and Boo two on the hit parade when driver announcements at the track are held.

I understand you don't watch things like this, but they aren't backing down.

Austin Dillon is bad for the sport. In addition to taking up a good seat - his entitled attitude, awful reality show, and complete lack of class or professionalism make him a net drain on racing. Hoping he loses some sponsors over this.

Austin Dillon is bad for the sport. In addition to taking up a good seat - his entitled attitude, awful reality show, and complete lack of class or professionalism make him a net drain on racing. Hoping he loses some sponsors over this.

Perhaps a bit harsh... but you make valid points. I'm really surprised he's lasted as long as he has, even with family ties.

How do we know it's a good seat? He's been in it for over a decade; no one else had driven the #3 so we have no other performance to compare.
I think the decline of RCR has been ongoing at a faster rate in relation to the length of Dillions time with the team.

I think RCR has been the Chevy B team for a long time. But they could at least be a winning threat and top 5 overall team at times with Harvick. They also finished 2nd in points with Newman.
I didn't consider Newman elite but definitely better than Dillion who is virtually assured of his ride.
I think Austin can be really good at times and has his moments. I wouldn't call him a slouch and he was really strong at Richmond.

But I don't think he is the type to really be good every week or the type of anchor or inspiration thar will assure a team to expect great things if they give him the best equipment.

I think of Cale Yarbourgh when he started racing for Junior Johnson. Cale was pedal to metal all the time and mechanically broke a lot of those cars in the early days (they may have been suffering the loss of the previous driver Bobby Allison as well, who was good enough to be a CC himself).

The point is that Cale didn't slow down, the team had to be figure out how to build reliable cars that could keep up with him. They did, I think Cale helped to raise their level of performance. Johnson went on to win 3 titles in row with Cale and Darrel Waltrip (the following driver) won another 3 titles.

I don't think Austin Dillion will ever get the best out his car on a consistent level or raise a teams performance.

All the above is just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom