Austin Dillon did the right thing

WhiningSmoke

Team Owner
Think about this. He’s had a miserable season. 32nd in the standings. But at Richmond, he drove hard and did all the right things for 400 laps. Then the NASCAR algorithm kicked in. Stenhouse wrecked a guy to take the win away from the underdog and hand the win to one of the Logano/Hamlin/Truex/Larson/Elliott/Byron group….. this week it was Logano.

Imagine getting screwed by circumstance this hard. You did all the right things, overcame the odds, and were going to save your season and then it gets taken out of your hands through no fault of your own. What are you gonna do about it?

Austin Dillon took matters into his own hands. Now he’s a playoff driver. Everyone on his team just got a giant bonus because of him. They love him now.

I would’ve done the same thing.

Tyler Reddick could’ve won this race though. All he needed to do was be 1/10th of a second faster during overtime than he actually was. Tonight the B+ Driver got schooled by the solid C driver. C’s make Degrees baby…. That motto got me through college. Smh.

You "would've done the same thing." That awkward moment when some man utters this self acknowledgement of poor character. It just wafts in the room like a fart you can not only smell but see. Everybody fires up contradiction behind their eyes and carefully moves to safety. I can still taste this fart in my mouth.

You "would've done the same thing." That awkward moment when some man utters this self acknowledgement of poor character. It just wafts in the room like a fart you can not only smell but see. Everybody fires up contradiction behind their eyes and carefully moves to safety. I can still taste this fart in my mouth.
I actually had this discussion with my hostess tonight. On a character spectrum I am the definition of True Neutral. I do not believe in good or bad. I only believe in The Book of WhiningSmoke.

Tyler Reddick could’ve won this race though. All he needed to do was be 1/10th of a second faster during overtime than he actually was. Tonight the B+ Driver got schooled by the solid C driver. C’s make Degrees baby…. That motto got me through college. Smh.
Reddick after he lost and the yellow came out ran into the back of Dillon. Stay classy B+

Reddick after he lost and the yellow came out ran into the back of Dillon. Stay classy B+
Austin Dillon literally didn’t even do a single thing to him. He may have wrecked the 22 AND the 11 but he didn’t touch the 45.

Absolutely classless move by Tyler Reddick. He had nothing to do with the battle for the win and therefore had no right to be upset. Think of the hour that somebody on the 3 team is going to have to spend fixing the rear bumper. A team that Reddick used to drive for and then betrayed.

If I’m Austin Dillon I’m wrecking Reddick driving into Turn 1 at Michigan for such a display of low class and a lack of emotional self-control.

So take this WhiningBread and eat it, for it is the body of a drunken sailor. So that I he may give to you his collection of famous sea shanties written on the port whores' diaries.

Austin Dillon literally didn’t even do a single thing to him. He may have wrecked the 22 AND the 11 but he didn’t touch the 45.

Absolutely classless move by Tyler Reddick. He had nothing to do with the battle for the win and therefore had no right to be upset. Think of the hour that somebody on the 3 team is going to have to spend fixing the rear bumper. A team that Reddick used to drive for and then betrayed.

If I’m Austin Dillon I’m wrecking Reddick driving into Turn 1 at Michigan for such a display of low class and a lack of emotional self-control.
Reddick if cornered will say he was congratulating Dillon on his spectacular win until he gets back to the home tennis shoe bunch where his story will change into one of valor.

I mean, he drives for Denny, he was sticking up for his boss lmao. We seen drivers get into others after a race to stick up for teammates before, I don’t look at this any differently than that.

I mean, he drives for Denny, he was sticking up for his boss lmao. We seen drivers get into others after a race to stick up for teammates before, I don’t look at this any differently than that.
Honestly, I think it's more that Reddick was pissed at somebody who is ****** with the integrity of the sport.

Honestly, I think it's more that Reddick was pissed at somebody who is ****** with the integrity of the sport.
Look man, I think I’d take your opinion here a little bit more seriously, if I didn’t think you would be on here screaming MY TOYOTAS!!! If Denny did it, or any other Toyota driver for that matter. Now maybe I’m wrong, and correct me if I am, but is it hurting the integrity of the sport because it’s wrong? Or because one of the Toyota’s was taking out in it?

Look man, I think I’d take your opinion here a little bit more seriously, if I didn’t think you would be on here screaming MY TOYOTAS!!! If Denny did it, or any other Toyota driver for that matter. Now maybe I’m wrong, and correct me if I am, but is it hurting the integrity of the sport because it’s wrong? Or because one of the Toyota’s was taking out in it?
Fair. This is so disgusting that it transcends my extreme bias. Didn't think anything ever could, but this does. This isn't good for the sport, and if NASCAR condones it, I would prefer that MY Toyotas move to another series.

Fair. This is so disgusting that it transcends my extreme bias. Didn't think anything ever could, but this does. This isn't good for the sport, and if NASCAR condones it, I would prefer that MY Toyotas move to another series.
I believe you, thank you for answering me, and giving me some true honest insight on the situation. As I mentioned, I was fine with what he did to Joey, honestly I seen worse moves than that before. But like he took out two cars for the win. I blame the playoffs more than anything tbh. If him winning didn’t give him a chance to race for a championship, I’m not sure if he does it. He went from 32nd to 13th, and that’s why a lot of people don’t like the way a champion is determined.

So who watched Kenny Wallace's take? He aint wrong Sr. did it more than once and was never penalized, like it or not Dillion did what he had to do and made for one exciting finish...lol

No. He didn’t do the right thing. Restarting and winning it clean would have been the right thing. But since he apparently sucks at restarts and got his behind handed to him by Logano he decided to overtly wreck him. And then Hamlin as well. This wasn’t a casual nudge. It was an intentional wreck. Happens. But should receive a significant penalty. Also no one should be 32 and get in the playoffs from one chimp win. That system is a joke and inspires BS like this.

I just don’t see that Nascar will penalize this. Nascar has long avoided putting itself in a position of having to make subjective referee calls of driver conduct under green. Especially the last turn to the checkers. They don’t want to have to make pass-interference like calls at the end of a race.

There’s no specific rule that Dillon violated and I just don’t see Nascar wanting to change this history of letting the racing be resolved by racing.

Reactions: Pat
The most chicken $hit thing he did last night was how he brought his daughter onto his front stretch interview and then thanked God, like dude you just wrecked 2 other drivers for this. At this moment, You’re actually the opposite of the God-fearing Family Man.

make subjective referee calls of driver conduct under green. Especially the last turn to the checkers. They don’t want to have to make pass-interference like calls at the end of a race.
I might agree but the audio of “wreck him” seems to change the scenario a bit. That kinda kills the subjective call aspect a bit.

I think I figured it out, it may have been Andy Petree yelling “wreck him” from his couch as he’s bored in retirement and keyed up his old radio/war room frequency. The festivities and excitement of last night may have gotten the better of him.

No. He didn’t do the right thing. Restarting and winning it clean would have been the right thing. But since he apparently sucks at restarts and got his behind handed to him by Logano he decided to overtly wreck him. And then Hamlin as well. This wasn’t a casual nudge. It was an intentional wreck. Happens. But should receive a significant penalty. Also no one should be 32 and get in the playoffs from one chimp win. That system is a joke and inspires BS like this.
The current NASCAR rules do not reward clean racing, that's my point.

The most chicken $hit thing he did last night was how he brought his daughter onto his front stretch interview and then thanked God, like dude you just wrecked 2 other drivers for this. At this moment, You’re actually the opposite of the God-fearing Family Man.
That was Dillion's way of getting spiritual, hammer the 22, pop the 11, oh lordy lordy hallelujah, baby jesus grab the wheel I'm coming thru.

This type of schit racing isn't exciting for real NASCAR fans. NASCAR continues to deteriorate before our eyes.

• Love
Reactions: sdj
I might agree but the audio of “wreck him” seems to change the scenario a bit. That kinda kills the subjective call aspect a bit.

Yeah that’s fair -but it’s only non-subjective (i.e. objective) if there’s a clear, bright line rule and not something that requires judgment, an investigation, etc.

I know there are rules about intentional wrecking in certain circumstances (such as wrecking a playoff contender to try to knock them out) but I don’t think there’s a rule about wrecking another car while trying to win the race. It gets into intent and it gets messy quickly.

Even saying that the call for Dillon is easy because they said to wreck him on the radio implies there’s a clear rule to apply and that Nascar would investigate, including review of radio chatter ans probably telemetry to determine intent and that it violated the rule. How long does that take? What if a driver clearly intentionally drives through the leader in turn 4 to win - but there isn’t any radio chatter? And then the next time there’s a wreck in turn 4 everyone is going to want to know what the investigation finds about the drivers’ intent.

I think Nascar has long let incidents purely in the moment of a race be settled on the track and I don’t see that changing.

B+ drags his own kid into it, rediculous. Has he ever heard of parenting and did he cover his kids eyes when he slammed his old teammate in the rear end after the race during a yellow acting a fool? What a whiny little guy he is.

• Haha
Reactions: Pat
The deal with the 22 was obvious but I think the in-car shows that the contact with the 11 was just two guys racing for the checkered flag on the same space in the track. The 3 has to get below the 22 to get buy him and Denny is coming through on the inside. But Austin basically holds his line and they run out of track - Denny has to come up. I think we've seen this sort of thing many times.

The deal with the 22 was obvious but I think the in-car shows that the contact with the 11 was just two guys racing for the checkered flag on the same space in the track. The 3 has to get below the 22 to get buy him and Denny is coming through on the inside. But Austin basically holds his line and they run out of track - Denny has to come up. I think we've seen this sort of thing many times.

Bingo. Stop it frame by frame looking at the white line and Dillion was steady on the zipper. Hamlin came from the bottom up and he wasn't clear. Dillon didn't come down. :idunno: I'm not a fan of either but that is what I saw from many angles

Oh, gawd. B+ couldn't wait to run to the nearest media outlet to tell his tale of clickbait woe. What a victim he is today.

“But that was an opportunity to get in the Playoffs”

Google “intent definition”, Austin.

So who watched Kenny Wallace's take? He aint wrong Sr. did it more than once and was never penalized, like it or not Dillion did what he had to do and made for one exciting finish...lol

Kenny Wallace is a bonehead. Dale Sr has wrecked people for wins, I'm sure. Has he attacked a corner with no intention of making the corner and junk a guy, and then rear rear hook someone else to win? Dale wouldn't right rear hook someone to win imo

I don’t recall a time when NASCAR had integrity.

Well hey, I'm not the one who said it was hurting the integrity of the sport, I was only asking a question to someone who did.
You are always asking questions, here is one. Which motorsport group do you think has integrity?

Back
Top Bottom