Austin Dillon & the #3

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
Am I the only one who thinks Austin Dillon should've picked another number beside the #3 for Sprint Cup? I mean I get it, I get that he wants to race with his grandfather's number and it was Richard Childress's number before Sr. took it over. However, not very many people remembers that. To the majority of the fans, Earnhardt Sr. is number 3, and I can tell you right now that they're going to set the bar pretty damn high for Dillon going into the 2014 season.

Maybe Dillon can handle the pressure better than I can, but if I was in his shoes, knowing what the number means to the majority of NASCAR fans, I would've gone with a different number, but that's just me.

I'm not crazy about it either, but I'm in the vast minority and it's happening anyway so no point worrying about it.

Am I the only one who thinks Austin Dillon should've picked another number beside the #3 for Sprint Cup? I mean I get it, I get that he wants to race with his grandfather's number and it was Richard Childress's number before Sr. took it over. However, not very many people remembers that. To the majority of the fans, Earnhardt Sr. is number 3, and I can tell you right now that they're going to set the bar pretty damn high for Dillon going into the 2014 season.

Maybe Dillon can handle the pressure better than I can, but if I was in his shoes, knowing what the number means to the majority of NASCAR fans, I would've gone with a different number, but that's just me.
who better then RCR to bring the 3 back to nascar?

It's time for the black 3 to be back on the track and no one better to drive it than Austin Dillon.

It's time for the black 3 to be back on the track and no one better to drive it than Austin Dillon.

Well that remains to be seen. Sprint Cup is a whole different ball game than Nationwide. You actually have to win a race to get the Championship. ;)

Did the big fight last night start out regarding Austin Dillion? I'm disappointed I missed it. :(

Well that remains to be seen. Sprint Cup is a whole different ball game than Nationwide. You actually have to win a race to get the Championship. ;)
He did, he won 4 if the cup guys had not been down in the minor leagues screwing things up.

I think they will start with ROY before they go for the championship.

It's been almost 13 years since Dale passed away, and I think enough time has gone by to get the #3 out of the mothballs. Austin Dillon seems like a nice enough kid, and I wish him well in that car in 2014.

This debate has been going on here and elsewhere for a while now. I'm on the "it's just a number" side, but as far as I'm concerned, Richard Childress owns the number so what he does with it is up to him.

The more I think about it, the more I don't mind seeing the #3 in Cup again. But it should NOT be the same style as Earnhardt's #3.

The more I think about it, the more I don't mind seeing the #3 in Cup again. But it should NOT be the same style as Earnhardt's #3. Whenever people see a number 3 sticker/shirt/flag off the track, they wont know if it is for Earnhardt or Dillon.
It's a RCR 3. it started out as goodwrench 3 on the flag. then move on to DALE as part of goodwrench.

Back
Top Bottom