Auston Matthews

S

Skoalbandit33

I can really appreciate extraordinary performances by athletes in stick and ball but every great once in a while I am bowled over and last night was one of those cases. Auston Matthews just turned 19 and is a hockey phenom from Phoenix Arizona who played his first National Hockey League game yesterday. He set a record by scoring 4 goals in his first game and showed that even as a teenager he is a giant among men and has skills and intangibles possessed by few.

I am not easily impressed but was gobsmacked by what I witnesses last evening and as near as I can equate it to Nascar would be a driver starting his first cup race and winning and then winning another 2 or 3. Amazing.

That was awesome. Didn't get a chance to see it but I did read about it this morning.

Can't wait for them to drop the puck on this 2016-2017 season tonight in Pittsburgh. No Sid, concussed, but it's time to hang that banner and get the next season underway.

And yet the Leafs still managed to losr

That was awesome. Didn't get a chance to see it but I did read about it this morning.

Can't wait for them to drop the puck on this 2016-2017 season tonight in Pittsburgh. No Sid, concussed, but it's time to hang that banner and get the next season underway.

I am looking forward to tonight's Pens-Caps match up too as it should be a dandy.

And yet the Leafs still managed to losr

No biggie really as this year is not quite the throw away like last year but it's success or failure won't be measured on wins or losses as they are not playoff bound anyway. If I was a Sens fan I would be quite concerned about what I saw last night.

All I hope for is for the Flyers to build from where we were last season. Hopefully no sophomore slump from Ghost, and we have some good looking rookies

Back
Top Bottom