Austrian Grand Prix Race thread

lol half the field has been summoned to the stewards for racing through double-waved yellow flags after the Kimi/Seb incident on the last lap.

lol half the field has been summoned to the stewards for racing through double-waved yellow flags after the Kimi/Seb incident on the last lap.
Kimi needs to go, he's still a good racer on Sunday. However, I feel as if Illott should takeover next season for Alfa.

Illott and Gio should be a solid pairing to move forward with.

I think we all agree that Hamilton could lose this championship. If Red Bull keeps it's edge, that could run through Hamilton's current deal and maybe even through his next one. At the rate it's going now, Verstappen could possibly win three titles in a row. Notice I said possibly, because we just don't know, but it certainly looks good for Max and not as good for Lewis. The last thing you want when you have seven championships is to go out losing, and that's what I was getting at. Schumacher looked horrible his last three years (all at Merc) and you know Lewis doesn't want to leave on those terms either.

I've got no issues thinking Lewis will be competitive as long as the car is halfway there. I just wonder what Mercedes can do about it. Engines are frozen, right? It's all got to come from the chassis, and next year we get a brand new one built to a new concept. I do think the guy to have designing a ground effects chassis is probably Adrian Newey, so Merc has one more thing they have to overcome. Remember, right now the difference seems to be the chassis, and Merc's low rake approach doesn't work that well under the current rules.

I'm not anti-Hamilton at all. I'm just floating this possibility because, well, it's the internet, right? I think Max is in a much better position that's going to get stronger with the new chassis. Everything could go upside down for either team, though I would think Newey will figure it out first.

I was hoping Hamilton could work some of his usual magic, not having the best car and all, but he probably doesn't have enough to work with. It's bad enough Max now seems to have an easy time, but now McLaren seems to be almost as good. Mercedes has got to turn this around or it's not going to matter who is in the car.

I was also probably hoping for too much wanting Lando to win, but its still a podium, and he still smoked off the Mercs. What's going to be interesting is to see if McLaren can keep their position and get Ricciardo in the fight.

And probably hoping for too much that Perez would get in the fight too. Perez' weak point his whole career has been not giving the competition a little more room, and that's how he ends up in so many scuffles. I have not seen the two incidents yet, but I am betting Perez probably just drove over top of L:eClerc or chopped him off. Haven't seen it yet, so I reserve the right to be wrong.

One thing that doesn't get much discussion is Red Bull taking charge of their engine program. They have been through the wringer with Renault and early on with Honda, and the only way to get around that is controlling your own destiny. No one can take their motors away now. No one can build something slow for them to run. They will soon do it all themselves, and maybe even sell some customer motors too. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

That, and what does Honda think now? Now all the suffering they have been through s paying off, and they are probably going to get their championship, just in time for them to bail. It just doesn't make sense to spend all that money and effort and then pull out just when it's all coming good.

Mercedes is getting the doubled. Slow cars and bad luck the same year. That's a surefire way to lose the championship. I think they already gave up on it. Letting Bottas by willingly is a tell sign.

That or they know they have very bad news for him in the comings weeks and very good news for Russell.

It's over unless Hamilton goes on and wins the next 10 races. Lots of driver drove like complete idiots today.

I think Max is in a much better position that's going to get stronger with the new chassis

Red Bull are front loading their upgrades which means Mercedes will most definitely catch up to them later in the year but by how much remains to be seeing. In the last 3 races alone, Red Bull has brought 3 straight upgrades to their cars while Mercedes seems to be holding off until the second half of the season.

Though by my reckoning Mercedes will finally bring new parts at the British Grand Prix. I'd say they need to win there to just stop the bleeding.

Kimi needs to go, he's still a good racer on Sunday. However, I feel as if Illott should takeover next season for Alfa.

Illott and Gio should be a solid pairing to move forward with.
That was pretty bad tbh. Who just drives into the side of someone there? Weird.

Isn’t one of the rumors Bottas to Alfa? You could do worse than him for sure. I think some of the young Ferrari guys are certainly moving to sports cars at some point. Pourchaire will probably factor in at some point for Alfa too.

That was pretty bad tbh. Who just drives into the side of someone there? Weird.

Isn’t one of the rumors Bottas to Alfa? You could do worse than him for sure. I think some of the young Ferrari guys are certainly moving to sports cars at some point. Pourchaire will probably factor in at some point for Alfa too.
I think we are probably looking at a straight swap ...... Botas for Williams. Botas is probably the best driver they can get, and they have worked with him before. I mean, makes sense, right?

After seeing Leclerc run off the track twice I wonder what racing room means in F1.
Checo has a history of running drivers wide or chopping then off. He was merciless with Ocon when they were teammates. Half the time it looked on purpose too. Checo is just dirty enough to wreck you and make it look like racing, and somehow he comes out looking innocent with the officials being the last people to give a damm.

You know, the officials didn't care about speeding under yellow until someone got killed, and that's when they will address dirty driving, if ever.

Back
Top Bottom