Auto Club Speedway Pre- Race 2023

I was there. My seats are halfway between the entrance to pit road and and the start/finish line. Denny got out of the car and went straight to the ground.
I am glad he recovered from the impact that was a tough hard stop.

It’s supposed to rain all night tonight and all day Saturday in Fontana. I don’t see much happening there tomorrow. I’m glad my Slotcar race 20 miles west of Fontana is inside where it will be nice and dry.

Weather channel says 40% chance of rain tomorrow in Fontana. Check in an hour and it will say something different. I give it a 50/50 shot of getting the race in tomorrow.

Bell on pole! Let's go!

Not sure if anyone has posted this but 10 years ago Logano was in first season with Penske. He was still the guy that Gibbs no longer wanted or needed and a lot to prove.
Hamlin still thought Logano wasn't in his league and someone he could easily ridicule

In addition to this Kesolowski was still the man at Penske and all the racing world had reason to believe that he would be winning several championships for the Captain in the coming years. While many including Kesolowski probabaly had some high expectations from Logano, I don't think many of them could have foreseen what was coming.

IMO this is the time and race when Logano came of age and made it clear to everyone else.
He has won 2 championships since then compared to none for Kesolowski or Hamlin. Both of those drivers are future HOF drivers with great careers going for them, but Logano has been better for the last ten years.

“No THANK YOU!!”

They were still designing the track Feb. 4th

....and this is what gets the NASCAR antagonists out.....Who knew that there would be no Fontana next year? Nobody. In fact, the original plan if I understood it correctly suggested that this could be done in a year. Who knew the plan for the track had changed? Nobody. Who knew that NASCAR was re-evaluating the SoCal market? Nobody.....but really, somebody knew all of this, and didn't say anything. bull****.

It's so unfortunate that the weather is so terrible this weekend. Not going to do justice for the last race in this configuration.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

It's so unfortunate that the weather is so terrible this weekend. Not going to do justice for the last race in this configuration.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
The track is in bad shape and full of weepers, It's going to take a hell of an effort by the weather and the track crews to have any racing at all on the 25 year old surface.

Not too familiar with SoCal... but how does the area handle an inch of rain in 24 hours? I know that's a lot for them but is it bad/disaster level?

They have a winter weather advisory in effect this afternoon for elevations 1500 feet and up in that area. Auto Club Speedway is at about 1200 feet.

A snowstorm has closed I-5 between Los Angeles and San Francisco.

• Wow
Reactions: Pat
Does it ever snow in LA (Los Angeles or Lower Alabama)?

good luck to them, it would be better just to wait let sunday. not much of a brake between showers to day.

Back
Top Bottom