Autotrader EchoPark Automotive 500 at Texas Motor Speedway Pre-Race Thread

Sigh.

I can't believe this is being plastered over social media and is incorrect.

Carl Edwards won here in fall of 2005. He swept 2008, and then won the fall in 2016.

Now, math may not be my strong suit...but I'm pretty sure that's 4 wins...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Seems like you looked it up so we don’t have to.
1663987461148.jpeg

A 1 mile Rockingham type of track, something with more banking than Phoenix and what not

That would actually be a great idea for them especially right now with the North Wilkesboro hype. Rockingham is the going to be the next track people point to. Why not make your own?

I think the condos and suites are legitimately a thing (besides being a R-F joke lol) there regarding real estate and the track so I’m not sure what they can actually do.

I think the condos and suites are legitimately a thing (besides being a R-F joke lol) there regarding real estate and the track so I’m not sure what they can actually do.
Follow the blue, it runs along the stands and suites. Then just move the tv screen in. It makes a unique shape and do what you want with banking and such.
Screenshot_20220924_120739.jpg

I’m nervous too

Ben Kennedy *should* have the balls to tell Marcus Smith, "If you do that, whose gonna race on it, because Nascar never will." Of course, Ben would have to have his mother and uncle on board first.

Didn't Indy just sign a three-year contract with Texas? No way they'll run on an Atlanta-style abortion.
Could just be a one or two-year deal with options. Regardless, no one really cares about IndyCar. If that’s the direction SMI decide to go with TMS that’ll just be the end of the event. It won’t make or break the track financials.

Could just be a one or two-year deal with options. Regardless, no one really cares about IndyCar. If that’s the direction SMI decide to go with TMS that’ll just be the end of the event. It won’t make or break the track financials.
One less oval for Indy Car.

I wasn’t indignant about anything. Not even the least bit upset. In fact I don’t care what happens with Texas...reshape it, keep it the same. I don’t care really, I do think nascar should always race there due to the Dallas-Forth Worth(hope I got that one right) market and needing to be there. My initial post about Gluck’s tweet, I thought was relevant to post here because that’s what being said at the track today since they are in Texas this week. My second response was again not indignant, I just find the attitude of “shut up and drive” odd because this is one of your biggest drivers in the sport giving his thoughts on a topic and then fans moan when these fellas don’t have a robotic thought or answer. I like what he had to say, it was his honest assessment to a question pertaining to where they are racing this weekend.

I wasn’t indignant about anything. Not even the least bit upset. In fact I don’t care what happens with Texas...reshape it, keep it the same. I don’t care really, I do think nascar should always race there due to the Dallas-Forth Worth(hope I got that one right) market and needing to be there. My initial post about Gluck’s tweet, I thought was relevant to post here because that’s what being said at the track today since they are in Texas this week. My second response was again not indignant, I just find the attitude of “shut up and drive” odd because this is one of your biggest drivers in the sport giving his thoughts on a topic and then fans moan when these fellas don’t have a robotic thought or answer. I like what he had to say, it was his honest assessment to a question pertaining to where they are racing this weekend.

RCR cars were top of the charts for practice but Keselowski gets pole as well as being top 10 during practice. Roush seems to have found something, they’re getting faster each week.

Stoked for BK.

Wouldn't it be something if he has the 6 as a contender next year?

BK is one of the 5 best talents in the cup series, imo. Dude deserves to finish off the last 5-7 years of his career winning races.

Stoked for BK.

BK is one of the 5 best talents in the cup series, imo. Dude deserves to finish off the last 5-7 years of his career winning races.

I’m gonna get a lot of flak for this but Brad isn’t quite as good without Paul Wolfe. Probably still a top 10 talent.

Stoked for BK.

A pole doesn't mean that much but it's nice to see Brad rebound a bit. Earlier in the season I thought he might announce his retirement soon.

Back
Top Bottom