D

DE Wrangler 2

I've been displaying a patriotic avatar for about two weeks now. I sort of thought of it on Aug 11.......one month before the one year anniversary of 9-11. I'm going to continue to use this or some other patriotic avatar until at least Oct 11. Just a personal acknowledgement of what happened last year. Wonder if anyone wants to join me in my little demonstration? I got my picture from a web site which I can post if any one is interested. I'm sure you guys can find others and I would really like to have them.......thanks.

I'll do it too...already have one up now..but I have others..........nice gesture I think..........:)

I knew you were with me on this one.......you watched me post it!!:D

One of many reasons I love you......:itslove:

oh good. what are the other reasons you love me..hhahahaha:loveya :beerchug: :dazzler: :lips :itslove:

If you make me one or show me where to get a really cool one then I'll change.

I just changed mine for the first time ever, but I'm willing to go patriotic for the week of the 11th. Can you point me to a website with ready-made, correctly sized avatars? If not, I can always find something and resize it in Photoshop. :)

Originally posted by 66mustang
If you make me one or show me where to get a really cool one then I'll change.

Go here mustang.......pick one and post it and I'll reduce to avatar size for you.

http://commemoratewtc.com/

Actually, if Abooja doesn't mind, the picture she posted when she related what she did on 9-11 is another great one.....ask her first though.:)

Thanks for the idea DE3. Mine new one is an eagle pic I took in Alaska.

Wow Alaska..........that is good!! You took that? Lucky you!!:)

great picture Alaska............beautiful.......I love eagles............so beautiful...........:D

Sure, you can use it, 66...although, you can't really tell what it is at this size:

Originally posted by abooja
Sure, you can use it, 66...although, you can't really tell what it is at this size:

That looks about avatar size abooja.

It's 49 x 65 pixels, as I wanted to maintain the dimensions. :)

Can you tell what my new one is?

Yes I can tell.......the flag rising by the firefighters that was such a controversy. You have a small monitor?:)

65 X 45 or what ever is good for avatar.:)

It's a 17" monitor, but I wasn't sure if it was distinct enough to be worthwhile. :)

I can see enough detail to very easily tell what it is.........it's quite good actually.

How's mine? It has the firefighters all sitting looking at what used to be the towers.

DE, I couldn't find anything on that site that didn't chill my soul.
If you wouldn't mind, could you post some alternatives for me?
AND, I don't have ANY computer knowledge to speak of, so if I let you know which one I like, would you change my avatar for me once I let you know?
Thanks, PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ok most of you might no think this is very patriotic but ..

my avatar is United nations and my profile picuture is the canadian american and british flag FYI :)

Originally posted by kat2220
DE, I couldn't find anything on that site that didn't chill my soul.
If you wouldn't mind, could you post some alternatives for me?
AND, I don't have ANY computer knowledge to speak of, so if I let you know which one I like, would you change my avatar for me once I let you know?
Thanks, PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sorry for the delay in responding........we had a late dinner. Kat, I can't pick a picture for you. Yes, I know those pictures are bone chilling........they were meant to be. All I can say is search for sites with a patriotic theme........try sites like the US Army, Marine Corp, Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, Fire Departments (local or NYC), police departments (again, local or NYC). Alaska came up with a personal picture that is very patriotic......just use your imagination. There are lots of people here who can reduce the picture to fit an avatar. If you need help saving anything you find, there are people here who will help.......I will, as much as I can. But, I can't pick a picture for you.........sorry.:)

Originally posted by smack500
my avatar is United nations  and my profile picuture is the canadian american and british flag FYI :)

Not a thing wrong with that smack......a good one too!!:D

Originally posted by 66mustang
How's mine?  It has the firefighters all sitting looking at what used to be the towers.

I like it mustang.:)

I did that because when I went to canada alot of people were wearing shirts that had pictures with those 3 flags and they had those flags everywhere.So I wanted to do something to say Im proud to be an american and proud to be allies with those countries :)

Kat go to www.google.com and search pictures of american flags or USA flag pictures youll eventually find something you like when you do post it here and ill shrink it for you :)

Need some help here with mine. I haven't figured how to resize yet. But I love this picture. It's the hope of america!

Originally posted by sgbg88
Need some help here with mine. I haven't figured how to resize yet. But I love this picture. It's the hope of america!

Okay........here you go sgbg.

Great picture!!

You're more than welcome sgbg.......anytime. Saved the site to my favorites.:D

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Wow Alaska..........that is good!!  You took that?   Lucky you!!:)

Thanks DE3 and you too CutiePie. We have a lot of eagles here on the Kenai Peninsula. I think they are so used to tourists that they actually enjoy posing. :)
thposing.jpeg

Kat, right click on the avatar and choose "save as" and put somewhere where you can find it easily.......I have a folder on my desktop named "Temp" just for stuff like this. Once you do that go to your user control panel and change your avatar....browse to where you saved the avatar and click on it. It's changed.:)

DE, let's keep this post in the forefront for a while. Maybe others will still respond. AND, thanks again for your help!purrrrrrrr

Back
Top Bottom