Awesome Bill Will Drive #37 At Daytona

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bill Elliott Will Drive No. 37 at Daytona
The team's site only says it will "be at the Daytona 500 in February." Bud Pole Qualifying for the Daytona 500 will be held Feb. 11 to determine the top two positions. The rest of the grid will be determined by the Gatorade Duel 150 qualifying races on Feb. 15. Elliott does have a past champion's provisional if he fails to qualify and is the most recent champion to miss. He is also eligible to run the Budweiser Shootout on Feb. 10.

Elliott, a two-time Daytona 500 winner and 1988 champion, made 10 starts in 2006, three of which came with R&J Racing late in the season. His best showing was at Kansas, where he wound up 16th after crew chief Mark Tutor made a winning a fuel gamble that several lead-lap cars lost in the closing laps.

"When Bill is in the car, we immediately have a chance ... because we've got good cars and we've got a good driver," said the team's co-owner John Carter, who moved his shop from Charlotte to Dawsonville, Ga., last year and purchases racecars from Evernham Motorsports.

The team's Web site states it has purchased five additional cars in preparation for 2007, although it was unknown if any were Car of Tomorrow chassis(nascar.com)

I will be very surprised Bill qualifies . I think the most recent past champions provisional will be used by Jarret .

Oh yeah!

Me too TRL! He has always been a good guy as far as I an concerned. Go Bill go!
Betsy;)

You have to remember that this race isn't filled by qualifying per se. A lot of experience can help a driver get into this show.

There was a long period of time where Bills fan base was the size of what Dale Jrs currently is , I was just never one of them . Bills problem will be that he is going to be one of the around 25 teams that are competing 8 starting positions and that is going to be a tough nut to crack .

I never liked the locked in top 35 rule but I really dont like how it carries over into the new season . The new season should be just that a new season with a fresh start for everyone . If Bill just had to be one of the top 43 qualifiers I think he would make it in but now he has to be better then 70 % of the teams that are going for those exsisting 8 spots if he does not get the champions provisional.

Just as interesting to me will be the fall out from sending almost twenty multi million dollar teams home .

Back
Top Bottom