back in the saddle

Lap3Forever

Staff member
Not yet, but hope to be soon! (And to the smartasses I'm not talking about my sex life, that is going awesome don't need any help with that! )

Talking about Racing. Just struggling to get the car togather. Really need some sponsors but I'm not going to hold my breath. A $100 or so would tickle me pink, just hope to be back on the track soon. Been to damn long.

Last practice session is this Saturday and the season opens Sunday. Dismal car count. As of right now 25 Pro Stocks aka SLM, 19 LM, 21 Trucks, and 30 Street stocks registered, didn't count the "yoot" division. LM and Trucks don't have enough cars registered to make up a full field of 24.
FWIW. Lappy I've gotten a couple of calls from former competitors asking for a few bucks to help out. Sponsors are tough to come by. I heard fuel is $6.80 at the track. Hope I heard wrong, that's almost a obscene price.
June 9th the Valenti Mods run:pbjtime: , IIRC they just renamed the SK mods that ran in Ct.

Still just in practice? Clarksville has been racing since February or March and the rest of the tracks opened late March early April? Sounds like y'all have more cars on the roster then we do. Tracks here have pretty small car counts but some how keep going. Paducah has a Lucas oil show on Saturday. I have just went and watched two races this year. Went to Clarksville once and went to Paducah for the WoO sprint's. But once we get the car done ill go back to Camden. Just hope I've got the right gear. I'm not expecting any money, hell done it for 7 years and just got 500-700 or so in sponsorship cash. I know of 500 but may of got more too. It was 25 here, 100-200 there. I don't see how local guys get 500-1000+ from one source

Last practice session is this Saturday and the season opens Sunday. Dismal car count. As of right now 25 Pro Stocks aka SLM, 19 LM, 21 Trucks, and 30 Street stocks registered, didn't count the "yoot" division. LM and Trucks don't have enough cars registered to make up a full field of 24.
FWIW. Lappy I've gotten a couple of calls from former competitors asking for a few bucks to help out. Sponsors are tough to come by. I heard fuel is $6.80 at the track. Hope I heard wrong, that's almost a obscene price.
June 9th the Valenti Mods run:pbjtime: , IIRC they just renamed the SK mods that ran in Ct.

Maybe the gas price hike is just a plot by the liberals to get rid of racing and it's harmful effects on the environment. :huh:

That damn Obama is so mad that Stewart didn't go to the White House that one time so he decided to kill all forms of racing. That damn Muslim terrorist......
Its why the Bruins got knocked out of the playoffs too, because Tim Thomas didn't go.

Hopefully someone will put ya to work!

Got the numbers on.the car yesterday. Now back to the important stuff again.

Keep hammerin at it and it will come together!

Thank ya! I hope so. Things have not went good. Seems what can not fit wont. Or it will fit one part, but not the other. Ex) bell housing. Bolts to the motor but not the trans. Got my shocks in today so hopefully it'll come togather.

Hey 97 you made it up yet?

Hope to race THIS comming Saturday at Camden Speedway!

I won't make it by then, but may make it up in a couple of weeks, this time, maybe to stay. Face it, ya'll could use a guy like me up your way.

Really, they could use a guy like me anywhere.B)

I'll PM you my number.

Hey 97 you made it up yet?

Hope to race THIS comming Saturday at Camden Speedway!

Sounds like you got your ride together, Good Luck this weekend.

We ran a private test session at Auborndale last week mostly just getting things fit and comfortable and working on communication, that went very well. Tonight we have an open practice at New Symrna we're gonna lay down some serious laps. June 9th is or next race night just a regular weekly show.

HEAT: 5
Feature: DNS

Comming out of 4 on last lap of heat something let go causing the u bolts, and drive shaft to let go. Also busted the bell housing some how. But I still finished on lead lap and was not last! But still have a days worth of work or more and got to drop some more cash in to the car. :/

Find what caused the failure yet?

It's been over a month since we have raced! We had a break in the schedule and I used it to regroup and do some testing with the new driver. Sat night would have been our first night back......would'nt you know it.... RAINED OUT :mad:

Don't know yet. Got the parts, just got to put it togather again.

6/8/12 Paducah
C9 vintage car

Heat : 1
Feature : 7(?)

Won my first heat in a vintage car / rear wheel drive / V8 / at Paducah

With 2 to go I come out of 2 and the car would not go, just Rev up. No noise, no nothing. Something in rearend broke. I started p6 got up to P4 but the car was really loose and I was doing all I could do not to spin out. It was a handfull.

40 vintage car.
heat 4
Main 7

Running a stock 305 that'll turn 5,000 and that's it. Going to do some work to it over the next three weeks when we race again.

Back
Top Bottom