Back-up cars?

Because a lot of body panels were handmade and then checked using a laser scanner. Not exactly easy to get it fixed right at the track.

Because a lot of body panels were handmade and then checked using a laser scanner. Not exactly easy to get it fixed right at the track.
Agree 100%. In our Next Gen thread almost universal agreement NOBODY will ever fix a Next Gen at the track. They seem to be stuck on the old body type. New car has BOLT ON body panels. I believe even the crush panels are bolt in.

Should add asked a very open ended question because I get accused of being confusing. One step at a time.

Agree 100%. In our Next Gen thread almost universal agreement NOBODY will ever fix a Next Gen at the track. They seem to be stuck on the old body type. New car has BOLT ON body panels. I believe even the crush panels are bolt in.

Nobody said that. Most people are just saying that they don't believe they'll be changing clips at the track. Big difference......

There are restrictions on how many chassis they can use. How do back-ups factor in?
A backup car would be one of the 7 active units currently in use by the affected charter team.

Show me ONE that agreed with anything I've said. Penske agreed with me back a couple months ago. I fainted.

And word almost is in there.
welp, if you didn't change your tune with just about every post going back and forth between huge damage and minor, fixing a car in the shop or out on the road, it might make more sense.

OK. Do I still think a car damaged like golden spoons will get repaired at the track? I think it's possible. Because I doubt a back-up can be prepped faster. If say at Darlington a car slaps the wall and obviously bends or breaks some suspension, do they immediately pull out the back-up or do they fix it? Cause the body & crush panels can be replaced at the track.

Is there a set # of front & rear clips allowed per team or is the center section only restricted? The NASCAR rulebook has always been written in pencil. The Lords Prayer style. Have to hold it up to a light and look just so to see what it says. They will be making it up as we go first season.

Could it be
bring one car to track for the weekend
hope you don’t mess it up too bad in practice
better hope it’ll still make minimum speed
or pack it up and go home
no points for the weekend

Last edited:
Could it be
bring one car to track for the weekend
hope you don’t mess it up too bad in practice
better hope it’ll still make minimum speed
or pack it up and go home
no points for the weekend
And haul it back cross country thinking I wish we had brought a back up car.

Last Gen front and/or rear clip replacement included 2 trips to NASCAR for inspections prior to re-certification, first with the skin off then with the body in place.

Weld’er up.

I have an idea, take extra parts and a backup car, then you have the option to choose which is the best decision at the time the decision needs to be made.

Last Gen front and/or rear clip replacement included 2 trips to NASCAR for inspections prior to re-certification, first with the skin off then with the body in place.

Weld’er up.
Yep a whole lot of unknowns about the new car. Just because Dillon had a whole crew fixing the car for a test, some seem to think that will be the norm this season. Just because they are trying to make the car easier and cheaper to put back on the track is no reason to think they will be doing the Dillion thing everywhere in racing mode IMO.

1638341943667.png

Back
Top Bottom