BAD Semi Truck Race Crash

holy crap...how was no one hurt he practically went through the cab

Former Champ Car and IndyCar series' driver Bruno Junqueira had a terrifying crash during a truck race at the Interlagos circuit in Sao Paolo, Brazil. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
this is not what i thought bruno would be doing now. maybe he should try nascar. <g> glad nobody was hurt. :)

Jeez, gives you an idea of how popular open wheel has become; the guys are racing semi trucks to pay the bills.

I went to 3 truck races when I was in the Netherlands...They were awsome, but the crashes were always terrible. I remember there was talk about semi truck races in the US....Musta thought twice about it.

I went to 3 truck races when I was in the Netherlands...They were awsome, but the crashes were always terrible. I remember there was talk about semi truck races in the US....Musta thought twice about it.

I remember seeing them somewhere here in the U.S.

If I am not mistaken, Shauna Robinson ran in semi truck races before coming to Nascar.

How does the damn cab come off in a wreck??? Lack of a frame mounted roll cage????????? That's insane and extremely dangerous.

How does the damn cab come off in a wreck??? Lack of a frame mounted roll cage????????? That's insane and extremely dangerous.
I was wondering if the cab isn't a sort of safety enclosure something like what the hydroplanes use.

I was wondering if the cab isn't a sort of safety enclosure something like what the hydroplanes use.

I assume the drivers must know more than I do and there MUST be some cab-enclosed protective structure. From the vid, though it looks scary.

I assume the drivers must know more than I do and there MUST be some cab-enclosed protective structure. From the vid, though it looks scary.

That was Brazil...I don't think they have much for safety standards down there. Noone would be able to afford to race.

Back
Top Bottom