Bakersfield March Meet

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
Anyone from here going to the March Meet in Bakersfield in a couple of weeks?

Sorry to hear that, Mike, I was hoping to meet you this time. Maybe the Hot Rod Reunion then.
I'm not sure about that one either.They have been messing with the group I have been going with the last 2 years.Parking in the Grove.So they have been talking about going to a show in Arizona around that time?If you ever cross I 20 around the DFW area you need to hollar.I see alot of racecar haulers crossing this area.

I'm not sure about that one either.They have been messing with the group I have been going with the last 2 years.Parking in the Grove.So they have been talking about going to a show in Arizona around that time?If you ever cross I 20 around the DFW area you need to hollar.I see alot of racecar haulers crossing this area.
That sounds good, Mike. I was through there 3 or 4 times last year, but I don't know what my schedule is for this year yet. I am doing some races for Bode and some for Worsham. I'm taking Jim Heads bus up to the March Meet for him, but I will be working on the "Hot 4 Teacher" Nitro Funny Car that weekend. I will probably do about 14 or 16 Nhra races, plus the March Meet and the Hot Rod Reunion, and then at least 2 boat races. This weekend I will be at a boat race at Ming Lake in Bakersfield and then all next week I will be at the March Meet, so I don't know how much of the Nascar races I will be able to watch for the next two weekends. I guess I will just have to check in here and see how things went.;)

Sounds like a fun summer.Where are the boat races at?We were in the same motel as the Hot 4 Teacher crew last year.

ND, like mike said, next time you find your self in DFW/Arlington, post up ahead of time and we can do a meet & greet lunch. 18 wheeler parking in this area isn't too hot though, no pilot truck centers/similar that I know of, and the walmart nearest 20 on cooper is a PITA to get to and 360 isn't worth hardly a mention.

ND, like mike said, next time you find your self in DFW/Arlington, post up ahead of time and we can do a meet & greet lunch. 18 wheeler parking in this area isn't too hot though, no pilot truck centers/similar that I know of, and the walmart nearest 20 on cooper is a PITA to get to and 360 isn't worth hardly a mention.
There's a truckstop down 20 on the way to 35 or possibly the Wal-Mart on 20 by 161 it may be a little tight.

I will check in with you guys if I know I'm going to be in the area or if we run Ennis this year. Mike, when we first put that car together it was called the Nitro Cowboy and Dennis Swearingen drove it. The first race we took it to was the Hot Rod Reunion, and in the first round of qualifying it ran a 5.955 and then the chutes didn't come out and it went in to the kitty litter. We smoked the tires in the second session, but we qualified #16 out of about 42 cars. We had to run Ron Capps in Del Worshams car in the first round and we were ahead of him until we broke the transmission, and then Capps leaned his motor out and blew the body off the car into our lane, so I guess it was a good thing we broke. But last year Dennis started crewing on Chris Karamesines T/F car in the big show, so after he left we changed the name to "Hot4Teacher" and the owner Alex Miladinovich is driving it now. The boat races that I'm going to for sure are at Bakersfield Ca, and Long Beach Ca, and maybe Burley Idaho. It all depends on my dragracing schedule.

Back
Top Bottom