41 #14 Larry Foyt*
42 #49 Ken Schrader
43 #0 Jack Sprague*

Did not Qualify
44 #135 Bobby Hamilton Jr.
45 #57 Jeff Fultz Ford

* Denotes Rookie

Front row Joe takes the lead. Marlin is holding up the rear. Hmmm

Bout time they decided to mention the driver who shall not be named.

Been strong since the get go.

Originally posted by HardScrabble+Mar 9 2003, 01:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HardScrabble @ Mar 9 2003, 01:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Highboy90@Mar 9 2003, 01:34 PM
Marlin is holding up the rear. Hmmm
????

How ya figure? [/b][/quote]
When I made that post, Marlin was not dead last but very close. Forget the exact position. Didn't think mentioning Foyt was as important.

Wonder what's up with the 21.

Falling like a rock.

Originally posted by fergy1370@Mar 9 2003, 02:37 PM
Speaking of which, there goes Busch.
LMAO,

Roush had some motor problems early last season too, mostly Kurt's car if you recall. So much so that there was talk around mid-season of his getting "experimental" engines.

It's a long way to Homestead yet>

Yep, long way to go yet.

I can't stand Roach Racing, but Martin seems somewhat classy and I like Kenseth. But I do think that Mark got hosed last year by Jack. Sure, he had a great run, but I think that if the effort that went into Busch's cars went into Martin's, we might have had a different champion.

Originally posted by N2racin88@Mar 9 2003, 01:39 PM
Mikey back to his old self.
when he runs good, its the car..when he runs bad its him.....will it ever end?... :wacko:

Bobby not gonna have the lead after these stops. We'll find out a lot about how the cars are reacting to traffic.

If his tire wear has been good he might be within the one more stop window. Could work out.

Could want to know how the car is leading.

His tires are not that much older, could be a good play.

Yeah, that makes sense......

But what is up with all the loose wheels today? Nemechek is the third (?) car its happened to today?

pit command shows them under caution pitting....wonder if its right

Originally posted by fergy1370@Mar 9 2003, 03:19 PM
Yeah, that makes sense......

But what is up with all the loose wheels today? Nemechek is the third (?) car its happened to today?
So much pressure to get the stops down into the 14 second range I guess. Hard to say for sure.

The picture they had of Joe's crewman showed just how much presuure there is and how much of themselves these crewman put into it.

Without cautions figuring in, we got one pit stop to go. There is a chance that someyet have now shown all their cards.

Should be interesting.

Ya know what they (the TV folks) ought to do. Instead of showing the current lap speed every now and then, since that litle bit of info doesn't mean a dem thing. They oughta have little that shows what the cars average speed over the last 5 or 10 laps has been. That would be a much better indicator of who's got what.

The end is near.... Time to pit and start dicing things up. :bounce:

This is where too much or too little air pressures screws you, too many rounds of wedge, or as with today has shwon, loose lugnuts.

Pit road is gonna get wild in a minute.

JJ may have been bit a touch tight on the track, but he was dem sure loose coming out of his pit!!!

They needed this yellow to tighten things up. it was starting to look like it was gonna be a boring ending.

Whoops a little tangle on pit road.

Though no one said for sure that I heard, I believe that Rudd grenaded the motor.

As for the leaders, great stop for the Interstate Batteries bunch.

Time to open the blue bottle!!!

Back
Top Bottom