Bayley Currey fails drug test, indefinitely suspended by NASCAR

The amateur psychologists are off-topic. Again.

The idea that competitors can break any sporting body’s substance use / abuse policies without penalty because they didn’t read the list or because the effects of THC “don’t last very long” is embarrassing. The rules of the game require compliance ... with all of them ... by everyone.

There is currently no reliable way to measure how much at this point. Suffice it to say, I don’t see any reason why a professional race car driver would use any drugs or alcohol within 12 hours of driving. The point is that pot has a very short period where skills would be affected, so off track use should not be anyone’s business.

If the substance is in your blood when you climb in a car, it should be the sanctioning body's business. A zero tolerance approach is about the only approach that can be taken to keep problems at bay. Any pot in your system in my state will get you a DUI

If the substance is in your blood when you climb in a car, it should be the sanctioning body's business. A zero tolerance approach is about the only approach that can be taken to keep problems at bay. Any pot in your system in my state will get you a DUI
And it is in your system for at least 30 days.
So you have to be a moron to use and race.

The idea that competitors can break any sporting body’s substance use / abuse policies without penalty because they didn’t read the list or because the effects of THC “don’t last very long” is embarrassing. The rules of the game require compliance ... with all of them ... by everyone.

I agree 100% accountability must be maintained. But I am more sympathetic with Curry than someone who just wanted to get high.

A new NASCAR competitor’s license comes with an information package. A banned substances list is included.

This young gentleman screwed up. All things being equal he will sail through the program and have his license re-instated.

If he’s any good, he’ll stick around.

Since when does NASCAR enforce laws? All they can do is enforce rules. Pot is no different than alcohol. The effects leave the body within a short period of time.
This is not true. Pot is psychoactive and can be dangerous and abused.. has potential to seriously damage one's mental health. I see it a lot at work.

Alcohol and pot are definitely not the worst substances out there, but their psychological effects can totally be long lasting.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

And fwiw, he's taking full responsibility

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

eh I gave him the benefit of the doubt for the first one, I was almost canned one time after I failed a drug test. Took a gulp of cough syrup when a cough woke me up at night, lucky the bottle was mine and had my script numbers on it.

Back
Top Bottom