Been busy as of late...

Kiante

Team Owner
So yeah, I've been busy as of late.

I got a new job with Racing Electronics and I started today! I'm now a Junior Radio Technician with the company now and its a lot to take in. However, already having a foundation in the RF (Radio Frequency) field makes the transition easier. I have now moved to North Carolina and its a bit difficult not being close to family. Just this opportunity was too hard to pass up, its now just a time to learn, adapt, and start from scratch.

Turning fandom into a new career, I've dreamt about this and its still surreal.
20210722_162026.jpg

I got a new job with Racing Electronics and I started today! I'm now a Junior Radio Technician with the company now and its a lot to take in. However, already having a foundation in the RF (Radio Frequency) field makes the transition easier. I have now moved to North Carolina and its a bit difficult not being close to family. Just this opportunity was too hard to pass up, its now just a time to learn, adapt, and start from scratch.

View attachment 56522
thats bad ass your actual name is Kiante. Congrats on the job, thats awesome!

View attachment 56522
Please translate and post all UFO intercepts.

and that can make some of the best memories of your young life. Stay out of debt if humanly possible.
I've been laughing all day, I've been told stories of Carl Long and Mike Harmon dropping off radios to repair. Some of Harmon's radios have been used since his BGN days. The Xfinity rep had me in stiches all day.

I don’t go anywhere without my water fountain.

Congratulations on your new gig. Smart guy ... they’ve chosen well.
I'm trying, just need to tighten up on my RF Theory.

I'll get there, so many people with years of experience. It won't be learned overnight, but I have a wealth of knowledge around me.

@ChexOrWrex Yeah, she's an incredible dog and @aunty dive thank you for the kind words.

View attachment 56522

Racing Electronics is a great company. I have one of their Legend Scanners (among others). I'll probably see you at the track at some point.

What an awesome thing!!! Take it all in, and I hope you enjoy it and have a great time going into your new career path in the racing world.

Congrats @Kiante !!! I'm sure you're learning the lay of the land so to speak. Are you living in or near Concord to be close to RE? (I'm up north a bit in Iredell County.)

It's a very incestuous business, and you're sitting pretty at a high profile provider where job security is higher... but sooner or later you make a contact that might break you into working for a team, etc. Good luck!!!!

That is wonderful. Just do not let the new job interfere with your posting in the Imsa forum
I'll try my best!
Racing Electronics is a great company. I have one of their Legend Scanners (among others). I'll probably see you at the track at some point.
You're already plugged-in, I should be following your lead.

Anyways, yeah I'll take photos later on. Right now its just shadowing my lead and learning from him.

I actually stopped at RE last time I was in Concord to get the screen replaced on one of my scanners. They knocked it out in under an hour for pretty cheap too.

Next time, I'm just gonna go straight to the man himself. Thanks in advance @Kiante you're a real pal!

That's absolutely awesome Kiante! Combining passion with career has to be one of the coolest/rewarding things a person can do.

Agreed. And it's not easy moving to a new place, away from friends/family and what you're familiar with.

Major props to you @Kiante for having the balls to make such a bold decision. I guarantee it'll pay off :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom