Beer Wars

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Okay, it looks like with the success of Jr. and his Bud ride, the other beer makers are looking for something to garner more young fans for their entries, i.e. Miller and Coors. Rumors have it they would like to see Ryan Newman in the Miller car and possibly keeping Jamie McMurray in the Coors car to compete for the younger viewers. I haven't seen all that much of McMurray, only a few interviews here and there, but Ryan is all over the place, especially down here on radio ads. One thing for certain, Ryan doesn't come across as an excited kid. His interviews are just like his commercials, very monotone. I'd say that if they want him to hype their beer, they'd better start the training. BTW, a friend of mine said that he's monotoned because he's an Engineer. Toot Toot

:cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

I love Ryan, but he'll never have the personality that a beer company is looking for as a spokesman.

Coors might have better luck with Jamie.

Let's face it, Bud and Earnhardt was a match made in adman's heaven.

TRL, I swear that I've heard the noise from some of Jrs parties all the way up here in Winston Salem. Yer right about Bud and Earnhardt being matched well.

Jr and Bud, yeah.:) But Sterling and Coors?:( Never figured that one out.:(

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Jr and Bud, yeah.:)   But Sterling and Coors?:(   Never figured that one out.:(

Yeah, sort of like when Kyle was driving the Coors car. Funny thing about that is the Petty family will not ever have a car in the Bud Shootout because they refuse to put the Bud decals on their cars. Richard probably had a fit when Kyle drove that car.

Sooooo, let's have some fun here and mate a driver with a beer car. If they are to compete with Jr, they will have to be wild.

:beerchug:

Well I can see Kurt with a can of Strohs.:)
JJ with an Oly (Olympia).:)
Bobby with a Lone Star (Terry with the long neck bottle).:)
Matt and Old Milwaukee.:)
Jeffie with Perrier (oh, that's not beer!!:( ).:)

Maybe it's because Junior's sponsor is not a light beer:)

Ryan's sponsor, Alltell, is signed on with him for at least another season, and I don't see Miller wanting to let go of Rusty Wallace any time soon.

I would be willing to bet my savings you will not see McMurray in that Coors car next year. Coors knows Sterling will be running for a championship next year, like he was this year.

I don't think we will see Rusty running anything but a Miller car until he retires. However, they have run two cars before, but again, that was before the price was so high. We might see an associate sponsorship somewhere though. I also don't see Sterling out of his car (Coors).

Now just suppose....here's a scenario I got from work.

Greg Biffle in a Miller car and Kevin Harvick in a Coors car. Now wouldn't that be fun to see them mix it up with Jr on the track, just the three of them? :)

I think Newman is a talented enough driver to not need big time sponsors to get fame.

Originally posted by buckaroo
Greg Biffle in a Miller car and Kevin Harvick in a Coors car.  Now wouldn't that be fun to see them mix it up with Jr on the track, just the three of them?  :)

Red flag for three car mishap in turn one!! 5000 fans have to shooed back to the stands before the cleanup of 4 foot high mountain of beer foam caused when Biffle nudged Kevin entering the turn.......Jr had no place to go when he hit the foam!:D

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Red flag for three car mishap in turn one!!  5000 fans have to shooed back to the stands before the cleanup of 4 foot high mountain of beer foam caused when Biffle nudged Kevin entering the turn.......Jr had no place to go when he hit the foam!:D

:xxrotf: :xxrotf: :xxrotf:

I think the Biffle-Harvick thing it is going to be interesting enough next year without the beer sponsors.

Biffle and Harvick in the same series again... Nascar officials, get ready, set, go!

I think they will be smart next year, but it could be an rivalry waiting to be rekindled. We will have to see.

They might need to get some more red trailers...

Man, when will Harvick run a full season without missing a race?

Kurt Busch needs the Heiney car to run at Indy next year.

Back
Top Bottom