Benny Parsons

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it just me, or does it seem that Benny has LOST A LOT in the months off the air??

??Alzheimers setting in or too many head injuries??

Seems like all his does is repeat Wally.

BTW, I like NBC's cheap version of the Fox Cut Away Car. LOL

I think he did a good job today.

There were a few times where it seemed like he was the only one watching the race.

Yah, the cutaway car was crap compared to Fox's, but Wally's supposed to be driving around the track next week in a real car -- in traffic, I think. Not sure, but maybe it'll be a new weekly feature?

Cut away cars, little cute jokes and comments. Is that what we really want in race coverage? Did anyone watch the Craftsman Truck Series race this evening? That was race coverage....no glits, no glammor........just lap by lap coverage of a race. Why is everyone so interested in the fluff? Just give us good race coverage and comments relative to what's happening on the track at the moment!! Geeze......what has stock car racing come to?:(

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Cut away cars, little cute jokes and comments.  Is that what we really want in race coverage?  Did anyone watch the Craftsman Truck Series race this evening?  That was race coverage....no glits, no glammor........just lap by lap coverage of a race.  Why is everyone so interested in the fluff?  Just give us good race coverage and comments relative to what's happening on the track at the moment!!  Geeze......what has stock car racing come to?:(

Come on DE, you know it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
and we don't even get to vote:(

But as long as all the "fans" buy into the "new coverage" with all the neat, cute and high tech stuff then we will continue to get all that new, neat, cute stuff and less race coverage. Take this thread.......it's about BP. Is BP and Wally why you watch the races? They are color commentators.......the show is on the track. The coverage should be about the show......NBC is only slightly better than FOX about covering the race. Probably mostly because Benny doesn't fit the funny, witty, and silly type that DW and Larry Mac do. They are a little more interested in what's happening on the track instead of what they are going to say next that is cute or funny. Yeah, they talk too much, and yeah Benny repeats.......at least when something important is happening on the track they both shut up long enough to get back to calling the race. Money or no......it's not good race coverage. And if we fans continue to buy into all the fluff, that's what we will get......and races on Sat and Sun will become nothing but the DW/Larry Mac or DB/Wally show (substitute anyone you want into the "stars" role)!! That's my main complaint since ESPN lost the coverage contract.

It seems to me that Benny has lost his touch even last year. way back in the early 90's he was great on ESPN. but latley I don't know.:cookoo: :cookoo:

Originally posted by racer8
It seems to me that Benny has lost his touch even last year. way back in the early 90's he was great on ESPN. but latley I don't know.:cookoo: :cookoo:

I think Benny's been told by NBC to be more lively.......more DW like. That is just not BP's style and it shows.:(

Originally posted by Excellerator
Seems like all his does is repeat Wally.  

BTW, I like NBC's cheap version of the Fox Cut Away Car. LOL

OMG excel. I was thinking the exact same thing...I was surprised that didnt do a cheap copy of boggity too. lol

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Cut away cars, little cute jokes and comments.  Is that what we really want in race coverage?  Did anyone watch the Craftsman Truck Series race this evening?  That was race coverage....no glits, no glammor........just lap by lap coverage of a race.  Why is everyone so interested in the fluff?  Just give us good race coverage and comments relative to what's happening on the track at the moment!!  Geeze......what has stock car racing come to?:(

I watched the truck race but I think their coverage is kinda boring. Just my opinion. I guess I like the little jokes and such. BTW, anyone catch the cute joke Jeff Hammond made to Mark Martin on the Speed show "Trackside"? He said to Mark, that since he got the new sponsor last year he has yet to have the "Pole". No pun intended. I thought that was cute.

Back
Top Bottom