Best alarms?

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
I despise morning classes. I have an 8:00 this year. I've done just about everything I can think of- my alarm clock is covered in tape so that I cant hit buttons or the volume knob, and I have a speaker plugged into my phone that alarms in conjunction with the speakerphone. I have different tones on each alarm. But I am struggling with getting up anytime before the 7:10 alarm and I've woken up at 7:30 several nights.

The only thing I have left to try, is getting an alarm clock for the deaf, that vibrates under the pillow. And I can't even guarantee it working. When I was in the dorm, I slept through fire alarms over the bead, so I literally sleep dead.

I work my schedule backwards, like a road race. Class at 8:00, get there at 7:45, takes 5 minutes to walk, so park at 7:40, takes 30 minutes to drive, leave house at 7:10, 20 minutes for breakfast, 6:50, 10 minutes to dress, 6:40, 30 minutes to shower and bathroom jazz, 6:10. Waking up earlier makes things less rushed.

Phone- 5:25
Alarm clock- 5:30
Phone- 5:40
Alarm clock- 5:45
Phone- 5:55
Phone- 6:10
Phone- 6:25
Phone- 6:40
Phone- 6:55
Phone- 7:10

Last edited:
Three of those firebell type alarms across the room so you have to get up to shut them off, or a half a stick of dynamite wired under the pillow should do it. :D

Three of those firebell type alarms across the room so you have to get up to shut them off, or a half a stick of dynamite wired under the pillow should do it. :D

I set the clock and two separate alarms on the phone.
I used to put one in the hallway too, that was when I was a bachelor, the wife wont allow a clock to sit on the hallway floor. I also dont need the alarm as much as I get older, if I have a busy day planned I usually wake up before the alarm anyway.

The loudest alarm I've ever encountered is one of the old-fashioned kind with the bell on the top --- those things will wake everyone in the house. Put it on the other side of the room, so you HAVE to get up.

The loudest alarm I've ever encountered is one of the old-fashioned kind with the bell on the top --- those things will wake everyone in the house. Put it on the other side of the room, so you HAVE to get up.
That's what my dad called a firebell alarm, It'll wake the neighbors up.

30 mins to shower and bathroom jazz?????????????

Shave your head and take so fiber.Will probably shave 20 mins of that way.:D

A timer set to a taser sounds like the best plan for you...:D

My mom was one of the best alarms ever. If you didn't get up when she told you to, you got dragged out of bed by one or both of your ears. ;)

My mom kept marbles in the freezer. I only got them in my bed once --- my brother on the other hand regularly got them in his bed.
Nothing like ice cold marbles in your bed to get you moving.

30 mins to shower and bathroom jazz?????????????

Shave your head and take so fiber.Will probably shave 20 mins of that way.:D

I have laid out the clothes to dress going down the hallway, tie the shoe laces at red lights, and do an electric shave while driving to work as well.

I'm liking the half stick of dynamite best so far. I'll have to figure out where to get some at...

I'm liking the half stick of dynamite best so far. I'll have to figure out where to get some at...
go to your nearest Flying J, Pilot, or T/A and get the screaming Meanie 220. Screaming Meanie 220 Alarm Clock Timer Fit For The Road. Caution - Do Not Use Near Graveyards . The Screaming Meanie 220 is perfect for tired truckers but may wake the dead. Use as a Sound Beacon : Alarm activated for 10 seconds every 5 minutes Dual Purpose Timer / Alarm : This switchable function operates with two pre-alarms, 10 minutes and 5 minutes before the set alarm. Timer can be set up to 24 hours. Emergency Alert : An instant panic button feature with secret turn off. This is great for use as a personal safety device. Battery Tester Indigo Night Light : One button allows you to test the battery condition for your peace of mind while providing a bright display for viewing in the dark. Three Volume Level Settings : 70db, 90db and an ear piercing 120db. Power : Uses one 9V battery

shopping

Back
Top Bottom