Best Driver Quotes

F

FlFlash

Lets see what we can come up with.

As far as cheating goes, they’ll never stop it. The only way it can be done successfully, only one person can know about it. – Smokey Yunick

He ran out of talent about halfway through the corner. – Buddy Baker

The crashes people remember, but drivers remember the near misses. – Mario Andretti

No, no, he didn’t slam you, he didn’t bump you, he didn’t nudge you… he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin’. – Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

Once you’ve raced, you never forget it…and you never get over it. - Richard Childress

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty! - Tony Stewart

You win some, you lose some, you wreck some. – Dale Ernhardt Sr.

The winner ain’t the one with the fastest car, it’s the one who refuses to lose. – Dale Earnhardt

I wasn't trying to wreck him, I just wanted to rattle his cage. - Dale Earnhardt.

my favorite:

“If you're not a race driver, stay the hell home. Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass.”
― Dale Earnhardt

"I wish I had something I coulda shot through that window." - Ward Burton, 2002 Night Race at Bristol

"He can take that and stick it where the sun don't shine baby." - Kevin Harvick, 2005 Winston Sel, er, Nextel, Sprint All Star Race.

"All right. While we're still under a caution, I want you to go back out on that track and hit the pace car. ... Because you've hit every other goddamned thing out there, I want you to be perfect." - Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder.

Darrell Waltrip: "If you don't cheat, you look like an idiot; if you cheat and don't get caught, you look like a hero; if you cheat and get caught, you look like a dope. Put me where I belong."

“It's real easy to sit on your couch and point fingers and say, `So-and-so did something wrong, ... But until you are out there in these cars, at these speeds, and seeing all the near-misses and what is really going on, it is not worth forming an opinion.” ~ Jimmie Johnson

Reporter to kyle busch : Where you more careful racing around the #2?

Kyle: Who? Oh yeah I saw him...as I was lapping him again.

"If you're going to go out, be upside down on fire and be spectacular."- Jimmie Johnson

"They just wrecked 10 cars in 2nd gear" Rusty Wallace

I forget the exact quote but where Kasey called David Stremme fat:D

my favorite:

“If you're not a race driver, stay the hell home. Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass.”
― Dale Earnhardt

My alltime favorite as well...

From Edwards yesterday @ the HoF Q&A.....

Carl Edwards is asked about his childhood racing heroes: "Tony Stewart, for one," he says with a smile.

my favorite:

― Dale Earnhardt

If I remember correctly was'nt he refering to Mark Martin?

Joey Lagano: "I don't know what his deal is with me. It's probably not his fault. His wife wears the firesuit in the family and tells him what to do. It's probably not his fault."

"The problem is you've got a young kid who is trying to replace Dale Earnhardt, who thinks he is Dale Earnhardt, and right now he wouldn't be a scab on Dale Earnhardt's butt"- Bobby Hamilton, giving his opinion on Kevin Harvick

"We're having chassis, aero and motor problems. Other than that, things are great"- Ward Burton

"He'll tell you what a nice guy he is and how cool he is, but that's not reality".

Brad Keselowski to Crazy Carl after Gateway.

"Watching our engineers try to fix these cars is like watching a monkey hump a football".

Kurt Busch.

"I sent Denny a Christmas card wishing for world peace. I just signed my name because I didn't want to get wordy".

and.....

"Of course Denny would rather play basketball against a 13 yeard old girl than against me. He can beat a 13 year old girl".

and...

"Tony's mad that I made it too hard to pass him? How cool is that?"

Brad Keselowski.

We all know this one, especially Terry Labonte:

"I didn't mean to wreck him, I just wanted to rattle his cage a little."

"You know Michael, everyone thinks Michael is this good guy. He's not the good guy like he acts he is. The caution was out and he wrecked me and he's a piece of ..." -Robbie Gordon

"Michael Waltrip is the worst driver in NASCAR period! …" -Clint Waltrip Bowyer

"Every one of these drivers in the garage area, I can speak to because they all speak English, with the exception of Ward Burton. He speaks whatever he speaks. He speaks Ward." -- Tony Stewart about the difference in racing on the IRL circuit and the WC circuit

Kyle Petty after being wrecked entering Turn 11 @ Sonoma some years back:

"What the Fu(k?!"

Kyle Petty after being wrecked entering Turn 11 @ Sonoma some years back:

"What the Fu(k?!"

THIS was one of the funniest moments for me. Just moments before that he was holding a prayer meeting with his crew over the radio, praising the lord, etc. Next thing you know, on TNT (I think), he is saying 'What the FU{K was that?'.

He ain't a racer but here is a quote thread must have

to be the MAN, you have to BEAT the MAN !!! Whoot !! from America's best intellectual Ric Flair

That cars a rocket ship Buddy Baker as TNN color analyst

He is passing cars in wholesale fashion, I think Chris Economaki from Stroker Ace.

He hit the wall a ton Buddy Baker

I wish I could remember the exact quote, but in the 1982 World 600 Darrell Waltrip blew an engine and wrecked.

The crowd cheered and celebrated. So DW said something in the following interview like

that he would meet anybody that booed him down at the local K-Mart , to settle matters .

In those days DW was a mean S.O.B. And the clear bad guy. That was the DW I liked, or at least enjoyed.

I wish I could remember the exact quote, but in the 1982 World 600 Darrell Waltrip blew an engine and wrecked.

The crowd cheered and celebrated. So DW said something in the following interview like

that he would meet anybody that booed him down at the local K-Mart , to settle matters .

In those days DW was a mean S.O.B. And the clear bad guy. That was the DW I liked, or at least enjoyed.

from http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-racing/nascar/drivers/darrell-waltrip.htm

"Waltrip also earned the wrath of trackside spectators, who responded with a chorus of boos when he was introduced before a race. The negative reaction bothered the flashy and articulate Waltrip. When he crashed at Charlotte one year, the huge throng cheered. In a radio interview that was played over the track public address system, Waltrip challenged his adversaries in the grandstands to "meet me in the Big K parking lot...and we'll duke it out."

from http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-racing/nascar/drivers/darrell-waltrip.htm

"Waltrip also earned the wrath of trackside spectators, who responded with a chorus of boos when he was introduced before a race. The negative reaction bothered the flashy and articulate Waltrip. When he crashed at Charlotte one year, the huge throng cheered. In a radio interview that was played over the track public address system, Waltrip challenged his adversaries in the grandstands to "meet me in the Big K parking lot...and we'll duke it out."

And then Rusty Wallace wrecked him to win the Winston a few years later. Suddenly, Darrell Waltrip was Saint Darrell.

I didn't hear it clearly but did Hornaday ask if anyone had a cup car tonight? Cause that deserves to be here

Everybody else got by us but that cue call headed fool can't get by us without wrecking us. He's 40 years old and still driving Busch cars. That ought to tell you something. - Dale Jr on Todd Bodine August 1999. Oh and Bodine was 35 at the time.

"If NASCAR doesn't do it, I'm going to buy Tommy Baldwin's [Cup] ride & that guy will never finish another race.That's a promise." - Ron Hornaday, Texas 2011.

"If NASCAR doesn't do it, I'm going to buy Tommy Baldwin's [Cup] ride & that guy will never finish another race.That's a promise." - Ron Hornaday, Texas 2011.

be faster then Geoff Bodine is in it.

Hornaday on Kyle Busch @ Texas: “He lives too close to me. We’ll see what NASCAR does, and if they don’t handle it right, I’ll be at his house Monday morning.”

Back
Top Bottom