Best TV coverage?

• NASCAR Truck Series/ARCA Racing Series on SPEED

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NASCAR Nationwide Series on ESPN2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
FOX: Mike Joy, Jaws Waltrip and Larry McReynolds
SPEED: Rick Allen, Phil Parsons, Michael Waltrip and/or Darrell Waltrip
Nationwide/ESPN: Marty Reid, Rusty Wallace or Dale Jarrett, Andy Petree or Ricky Craven
TNT: Adam Alexander, Wally Dallenbach and Kyle Petty
ESPN/ABC: Allen Bestwick, Dale Jarrett and Andy Petree

My vote is for ESPN/ABC...I have liked them better for serveral years now, (ever since they got Rusty out of the booth) but having Allen back in the booth was just icing on the cake. I enjoy DJ and Andy a lot more than the other "color" guys as well. They say things that actually make sense and do not treat us like idiots.

You know, ever since ESPN came back, I've frequented this: :espnsux:

I wondered what happened to the ESPN of old. They reclaimed their swagger today. Dale Jarrett and Andy Petree are awesome color analysts, and they really came to life with Allen Bestwick in the booth. The pit road crew also had their act together. Unlike TNT, the information ESPN had was up to speed and I didn't have to rely on Twitter to know what was happening.

Only person I don't care for is Nicole Briscoe, but if ESPN puts up coverage like this for the remainder of the season, I could deal with her. The ESPN of 2011 is a HUGE improvement over the ESPN of 2007.

What a difference two weeks makes. ESPN's coverage today made TNT's coverage look like a complete joke.

My vote is for ESPN/ABC...I have liked them better for serveral years now, (ever since they got Rusty out of the booth) but having Allen back in the booth was just icing on the cake. I enjoy DJ and Andy a lot more than the other "color" guys as well. They say things that actually make sense and do not treat us like idiots.

Wally on TNT is my favorite. Wally and DJ don't pull any punches, they both call it like they see it... unlike the SPEED and FOX gang.

I don't watch the Truck Series that often, but seeing as the same set that do the ARCA races does the Truck races, I can't see how their coverage is that great. SPEED doesn't pull all the stops, they only focus on a select few drivers.

ESPN found the right balance of being entertaining and informative. And their graphics were great -- stylish, elegant instead of obnoxious, in your face information overload like the other networks. Their on board system is also really nice.

Also like that the ESPN crew didn't go on about "this guy just won today, now he's gonna make the Chase, win the championship and he's the greatest driver ever" (something that annoys me with Marty Reid).

They all have their good and bad IMO. Overall I'd go with ESPN/ABC now that they've put Bestwick where he belongs.

Like someone else had mentioned there is really only one race broadcaster that bothers me too and that's Rusty Wallace. I didn't like his arrogance in his interviews when he raced and I don't like it in the booth either. His my & my son's crap don't stink attitude grates me in the wrong way. I see his boy cause issues on the track most every week and hear the rest of the booth go silent while Rusty defends his son. This week was the end all when he had the rest of the booth sticking up for him during his 'ARCA moment' by hitting not one, but both cars that had come to rest that were involved in the caution. Rusty needs to go back and see how this broadcasting thing works by watching the father/son combo of Ned/Dale Jarrett. Maybe he'll learn something.

They all have their good and bad IMO. Overall I'd go with ESPN/ABC now that they've put Bestwick where he belongs.

Like someone else had mentioned there is really only one race broadcaster that bothers me too and that's Rusty Wallace. I didn't like his arrogance in his interviews when he raced and I don't like it in the booth either. His my & my son's crap don't stink attitude grates me in the wrong way. I see his boy cause issues on the track most every week and hear the rest of the booth go silent while Rusty defends his son. This week was the end all when he had the rest of the booth sticking up for him during his 'ARCA moment' by hitting not one, but both cars that had come to rest that were involved in the caution. Rusty needs to go back and see how this broadcasting thing works by watching the father/son combo of Ned/Dale Jarrett. Maybe he'll learn something.

I agree completely! My other problem with Rusty is he seemed to be holding grudges from his driving days. Man, he seemed to have a problem with a few of the guys, and any time he could point out something wrong they did or put them down, he was on it!

Petree, Bestwick and Brad Doherty have always been my favorites. I would really like to have them in the booth as a team. Bestwick provides decent energy, Petree is flawless on the technical stuff and analizing what happens on the track. Brad Doherty shows the love of the sport as well as any fan, and is often more in tune with the action than the so-called experts.

Ricky Craven is useless. He says the dumbest things on TV this side of the Jerry Springer show.

If Rusty didn't have to defend or gloss over Stevens driving so much, he would be OK.

NASCAR did explain what was going on with the cautions Sunday at Indy. They said debris was still landing on the track from Steven Wallaces adventures the night before.

I will always prefer the FOX broadcasting crew. I've liked Mike Joy since his early CBS days when he was working the pits. I'm a fan of DW, unlike most here. Larry Mac is very knowledgeable about the sport, and cracks me up everytime he says "winder" instead of "window".

Television race coverage, to me, is similar on all networks/cable channels. Each of them, of course, have their pros and cons when it comes to who does it best. It's the FOX trio of Joy, Waltrip, and McReynolds that puts it over the top for me.

I am fine with any live coverage, beats the old days of some 3 week old coverage of part of a cup race on wide world of sports.
The commercials are a bit much though.

Thank God we don't have to hear "boggity boggity boggity lets go racing boys" until next season.:D

Thank God we don't have to hear "boggity boggity boggity lets go racing boys" until next season.:D

DW is embarassing. He actually disrespected R Petty and Pearson the other day when he said that the competition in the nationwide series today is much harder than when Petty and Pearson were getting "all those wins". It's clear DW feels HIS wins are worth more too.

DW is embarassing. He actually disrespected R Petty and Pearson the other day when he said that the competition in the nationwide series today is much harder than when Petty and Pearson were getting "all those wins". It's clear DW feels HIS wins are worth more too.

DW lives in his own little world where everything is about him and what things aren't about him are all about Kyle or JR. No other people exist.

DW lives in his own little world where everything is about him and what things aren't about him are all about Kyle or JR. No other people exist.

Don't forget Carl. DW is a major Carl Edwards nut hugger. DW hates Brad, because Brad doesn't take any sheet from him. I remember when Brad appeared on trackside and DW was calling him 'bad Brad', which DW knew Brad didn't like. Brad responded "Well, Jaws was already taken". From that day foward, anything that happened on the track anywhere near Brad, DW called Brad out for it.

I remember an incident where Brad bumped the rear of Menard? when cars were checking up. DW chirped "Brad just ran into the back of him" as if it was intentional. He kept saying it until someone pointed out that Reutimann had Brad's rear wheels off the ground and it wasn't Brads fault at all. Total silence from DW.

The guy is slimy as hell. He even disrespected the second HoF group because they were chosen over him. I can't wait for his career to be over. I really don't understand how Hammond takes all of DW's put downs, especially concerning his role in DW's driving success.

Back
Top Bottom